Lt. Commander
# 1 Bajoran uniforms and weapons
01-06-2011, 02:21 AM
This was an idea that just occurred to me while watching an episode of Deep Space Nine.

Would anyone be interested in having Bajoran style commbadges, rank insignias and uniforms as a costume unlock?

My Federation has one Bajoran and one half Bajoran (actually, she's a custom alien), so I would be interested in giving them their culture specific equipment.

If they made this as a costume unlock pack, I'd definitely buy it.

And a second Bajoran topic:

Could they add Bajoran weapons into the game?
For the same reasons above, I'd give those two members of my crew Bajoran weapons, to provide a further reference to their culture.

I particularly like the Bajaron hand phaser, might even get an extra copy for myself to personally use if they put it in the game.

I'd prefer it to be added to the purple MkX/XI requistions in Battle Group Omega, Sol Spacedock and Qo'nos.
Maybe even add them to the crafting table as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2011, 03:30 PM
The Bajoran Uniform... well I wouldnt use it but it has more reason to be in the game then a lot of already released stuff (it was a main uniform of one whole series, things like the mirror universe uniforms were there for an episode).

The weapons... I liked those... would love to have them ingame...
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2011, 10:38 PM
The Bajoran phaser pistols and rifles looked pretty cool. I would love to see that in game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2011, 11:05 PM
/Signed. Would love to see uniforms for Bajorans and others added as time allows as long as it would not detract from content being added
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-08-2011, 09:04 AM
The only problem I see with this is that it's essentially the same as allowing Klingon or Romulan uniforms for Federation characters.

Then again, the Mirror Universe uniforms could technically be viewed the same way, though they are still "starfleet" uniform designs, despite being from an alternate universe where there's an empire instead of the Federation.

Aside from that, I can't say I would entirely mind seeing the Bajoran uniforms and weapon-designs put in. The uniforms in particular could work well with RPing, especially in the case of bajoran BOs, despite Bajor having fully integrated into the Federation as far as I'm aware.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2011, 11:40 AM
Well, Klingons and Romulans aren't allies of the Federation, so why would you get to wear their uniforms?

I don't know if Bajor has been fully integrated into the Federation, but they are allies.

In any case, none of the costume unlocks make much sense.

Why would you have someone wearing Mirror Universe uniforms or many of the myriad minor uniforms?

Anyway, for me, it's mostly about establishing with a quick look the origins of my Bajoran and half Bajoran officers.

They're proud of their culture and this would be their way of showing it.

My Captain is not the kind of person who says "dress like us and like it", more like "wear whatever you want, I'm okay with it".

Which is why my Boffs have a broad range of uniforms, none of them are identical.
They can't even be considered uniforms.

So when the Bajoran crewmembers showed up wearing their militia uniforms, she wouldn't have batted an eye.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
Well, Klingons and Romulans aren't allies of the Federation, so why would you get to wear their uniforms?

I don't know if Bajor has been fully integrated into the Federation, but they are allies.

Why would you have someone wearing Mirror Universe uniforms or many of the myriad minor uniforms?

Anyway, for me, it's mostly about establishing with a quick look the origins of my Bajoran and half Bajoran officers.

My Captain is not the kind of person who says "dress like us and like it", more like "wear whatever you want, I'm okay with it".

Which is why my Boffs have a broad range of uniforms, none of them are identical.

So when the Bajoran crewmembers showed up wearing their militia uniforms, she wouldn't have batted an eye.
I believe Bajor is a member of the federation in the STO timeline. I would love to see Bajoran uniforms though, and any new weapons are a welcomed addition to the game. I also agree that it makes no sense for the Klingon faction to get these uniforms unless the mirror variation had significant differences. /support
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post

Well, my point was more that Bajoran starfleet officers are not part of the Bajoran Militia. The reason Bajorans on DS9 were wearing Bajoran uniforms is because they were part of the Bajoran military and not part of Starfleet.

Additionally, the purpose behind the Starfleet Uniform is to make it clear to non-Starfleet individuals that you are a part of Starfleet. Thus, having features recognizable as Starfleet, while the uniform itself is allowed variety in general, would still accomplish this goal, which is part of the in-setting reasoning behind the diversity Cryptic has given us with starfleet uniforms. Of all the uniform possibilities that are not -directly- related to Starfleet itself, the Mirror Universe uniforms are the most reasonable because they still have certain features that make them "Starfleet," since they simply come from an Imperial Starfleet rather than a Federation Starfleet.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-09-2011, 01:22 PM
Apparently Bajoran uniforms are coming:

dstahl: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...7&postcount=83

Related:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...26&postcount=1

Related:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...8&postcount=16

I also want to see them since my main character is a Bajoran.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-10-2011, 01:36 AM
It could be used as the uniforms for the "Civilian Crew" that wander Deep Space Nine.

The thing I want to see would be some of the Ferengi business suits that were in TNG and DS9.
That and the Ferengi Whip to go with them.