Lt. Commander
# 11
01-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i believe the op actually means other peoples ships he see flying past. so he cant disable the visuals on those.
Well, it is an MMO and the open-minded Trek IP, so wanting to cover one's eyes and plug one's ears seems counter-intuitive.

Maybe if the developers allowed people to disable visuals client-side - then we can have all sorts of cool, new things on our ships.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Well, it is an MMO and the open-minded Trek IP, so wanting to cover one's eyes and plug one's ears seems counter-intuitive.
im just pointing out everybody has gone with the 'disable your visual' line as if he complaining about his ship (which he might be). i suspect he just means other peoples visuals are annoying him.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Quote:
im just pointing out everybody has gone with the 'disable your visual' line as if he complaining about his ship (which he might be). i suspect he just means other peoples visuals are annoying him.
Finish reading post above - I intended to answer what you speak of.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-06-2011, 08:52 AM
I also consider these sets 'over the top' and even a little gaudy. However, I LOVE them and would love to see 30 more in the future. The thing is, this isn't actually STARTREK... no no no.... it's a game based off of the Star Trek franchise. I don't consider that a bad thing, it's simply enevitable that such things will happen.

Take any MMO that allows you to have 'vanity costumes' you can wear over your armor...
Perfect World for example... know how many scantilly clad school girls I have seen running around in there?
Take for example any dance in ANY MMO...
WoW, Guildwars, ect... how many sci-fi/fantasy novels/movies do you know of that have the main characters doing the 'cabbage patch', or the 'running man'?

Thing is, no matter how much Cryptic strives to make this game 'Trek' as possible, it will never ever truly feel that way. As I said, I don't think thats a bad thing. We arent on a movie set, or in a studio... nope, we are playing a game.

...and in this game, we just happen to have a few new 'costumes' that everyone is going to try out.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Actuallt the Borg stuff is nice to look at i think.And you can show other players that there is good rewards for doing the STF's.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-06-2011, 09:32 AM
The Borg stuff is perfect for RP purposes (and in my opinon waaay better than the holoemitters, wich are simply too expensive, hours of Dabo for an 15 Min charge?).

It is a bit overused at the moment, but ...ruined the game? thats a so ... Drama Queen.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
If that's the case, then as Captain of his own vessel, he can do whatever he wants with his own ship.

But in that same vein, I'll be damned if I'll let someone else tell me what I can do with my ship.

(RP / Canon aside, as we all know it's Starfleet's ship..they're just letting me borrow her for a little while.)
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-06-2011, 09:38 AM
^ Agreed.

I like the hot rodded look on the ships, personally.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khabok
If that's the case, then as Captain of his own vessel, he can do whatever he wants with his own ship.

But in that same vein, I'll be damned if I'll let someone else tell me what I can do with my ship.

(RP / Canon aside, as we all know it's Starfleet's ship..they're just letting me borrow her for a little while.)
Its my ship until they blow me to bits.

on a side note

they should have known that before they gave me command.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
Reason why is, in my eyes, if starfleet did get its hands on "uber tech" they would take it apart and see if there's a way to make it on mass in a starfleet fashion. elaborate: the Canon starfleet ships are prob not just designed by one race but a combination, but you dont see that in their design, one part isnt clearly vulcan, other parts arent clearly [insert random fed race here]. So why would looted borg tech just be shoved on a ship like that. i like the unity of the federation, the unity that shows in a common design of ships ... and all that borg sh.t is just plain horrid!

am i alone in this?
It's simple. The galaxy is at war on multiple fronts, on being the Borg. See these ships flying around partially assimilated? They narrowly escaped becoming Borg themselves. Go on your merry way doing missions and RP with that thought. It is after all, canon.