Lt. Commander
# 21
01-06-2011, 09:50 AM
If you don't like how the borg set looks---disable visuals.

A simple solution to a simple dilemma.

Next.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Then turn off your graphics.
lol what he said, personally I'm not a fan of the graphics & the powers aren't all that amazing but I do enjoy the tractor beam whit out the waste of bridge officer slot lol if this was hard cannon we would all have tractor beam as a standard but that would be fun either.

And if you don't have the borg stuff their, STO is & MMO it is meant to be a social game their are always enough people looking to do the STF's :p I got all the gear but I'm really starting to enjoy the STF's & I'm sure when Gozer go's true whit the few fixes that they need their even gone be better

I play whit people from all over the world & thats what I enjoy the most I have played whit people from all over Europe even whit Australians whit out any lag problems at all what more do you need.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Really?! It ruined THE ENTIRE GAME for you? That's ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-06-2011, 10:28 AM
I think how Cryptic handled the Borg sets and the ability to switch the visuals on and off on your ship is perfectly fine. Customization is a key component to MMO's and a player's way of self expression.

However, I think this does add fuel to the argument of a client side option of how other player ships, character uniforms etc are rendered.

I feel that the majority of players fall in the middle, with a general indifference to how other player's ships, avatars, and crew look. But, there is two other groups that fall at opposite ends of this spectrum. Players who inisist on inflicting their innane customization with the intent of ruining other people's immersion, and players who feel that there should be conformity in appearance.

For some reason, game companies always side on the rights of the players who intentionally create the craziest colour schemes, uniforms and ship layouts knowing that they are driving other players nuts. It's like the Devs feel they have this obligation to uphold some "right of free expression", all the while trampling on the other players who would love to play their game but in a more canoncentric environment.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-06-2011, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodar-Duggs
I think how Cryptic handled the Borg sets and the ability to switch the visuals on and off on your ship is perfectly fine. Customization is a key component to MMO's and a player's way of self expression.

However, I think this does add fuel to the argument of a client side option of how other player ships, character uniforms etc are rendered.

I feel that the majority of players fall in the middle, with a general indifference to how other player's ships, avatars, and crew look. But, there is two other groups that fall at opposite ends of this spectrum. Players who inisist on inflicting their innane customization with the intent of ruining other people's immersion, and players who feel that there should be conformity in appearance.

For some reason, game companies always side on the rights of the players who intentionally create the craziest colour schemes, uniforms and ship layouts knowing that they are driving other players nuts. It's like the Devs feel they have this obligation to uphold some "right of free expression", all the while trampling on the other players who would love to play their game but in a more canoncentric environment.
This is exactly the problem. All these people running around in crazy colored uniforms, nothing like the show and now everyone has borg pieces and/or aegis pieces. This has seriously ruined my entire life.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
Reason why is, in my eyes, if starfleet did get its hands on "uber tech" they would take it apart and see if there's a way to make it on mass in a starfleet fashion. elaborate: the Canon starfleet ships are prob not just designed by one race but a combination, but you dont see that in their design, one part isnt clearly vulcan, other parts arent clearly [insert random fed race here]. So why would looted borg tech just be shoved on a ship like that. i like the unity of the federation, the unity that shows in a common design of ships ... and all that borg sh.t is just plain horrid!

am i alone in this?
You are able to turn the visuals off...I really fail to see how toggled cosmetics could ruined the game for anyone; then again I'm not anyone
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehra
This is exactly the problem. All these people running around in crazy colored uniforms, nothing like the show and now everyone has borg pieces and/or aegis pieces. This has seriously ruined my entire life.
I can see sarcasm....ALERT M. NIGHT SHAMALAMALALAMA, I GOT A MOVIE FOR HIM.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-06-2011, 10:45 AM
I can't say that the Borg set ruined the game for me. Granted I do think it looks a little silly on some of the ships, but on others looks very clean and sleek. My personal visual preference is the Aegis set.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahn View Post
I can't say that the Borg set ruined the game for me. Granted I do think it looks a little silly on some of the ships, but on others looks very clean and sleek. My personal visual preference is the Aegis set.
Same here.

I will also note with a fond smile that the Borg set brings back many very happy memories of Star Trek Armada for me.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
Reason why is, in my eyes, if starfleet did get its hands on "uber tech" they would take it apart and see if there's a way to make it on mass in a starfleet fashion. elaborate: the Canon starfleet ships are prob not just designed by one race but a combination, but you dont see that in their design, one part isnt clearly vulcan, other parts arent clearly [insert random fed race here]. So why would looted borg tech just be shoved on a ship like that. i like the unity of the federation, the unity that shows in a common design of ships ... and all that borg sh.t is just plain horrid!

am i alone in this?
Don't worry Cedrico, this is just a phase. Why do people pursue it? Because it's new and it's there. It'll pass. The game has a long way to go before variation is balanced.

I only use the borg console because I love the stats. After 2 days I grew tired of the look. Now fixing the Aegis set. I'm sure I've had enough of the looks within in a week. I just like to get the gear that is hard to get, at least with one character, because there just isn't that much out there yet.