Lt. Commander
# 1 PVP: AFK Losers List
01-06-2011, 09:54 AM
This may amount to nothing but it is worth a shot. I propose if you see an afk loser and confirm they are leeching that we post their name here and their fleet and anytime you see their fleet members or the person you send them a PM pointing out their .. character flaws. Just left a 4 vs 3 FvK pvp match with the guy. the klingons were nice enough to target him when i asked them to fly to our starbase and blow him up a few times.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2011, 10:02 AM
I'm pretty sure this is against the forum rules. But I sympathise, those AFKers are a pain in the ass.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2011, 10:12 AM
Yea I don't think posting those names would be allowed.

What you can do is let the other team know they have a free kill on the loser.
You will not fight or attack anyone from the other team that is taking out the losers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2011, 10:13 AM
i can guarantee its against the forums rules and will just get the thread closed and possible an infraction to the people who posts names.

although i totally agree its annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
i can guarantee its against the forums rules and will just get the thread closed and possible an infraction to the people who posts names.

although i totally agree its annoying.
Dunno... as long as you don't use the "@handle" name it should be ok. There are 14 pages of Janeways in the database.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2011, 10:59 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlokiman View Post
the klingons were nice enough to target him when i asked them to fly to our starbase and blow him up a few times.

We are givers like that, always trying to help others when we can.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donlokiman View Post
This may amount to nothing but it is worth a shot. I propose if you see an afk loser and confirm they are leeching that we post their name here and their fleet and anytime you see their fleet members or the person you send them a PM pointing out their .. character flaws. Just left a 4 vs 3 FvK pvp match with the guy. the klingons were nice enough to target him when i asked them to fly to our starbase and blow him up a few times.

Janeway
Fleet: UFP
His name was Janeway he flew a borg fit Assault Cruiser and he was in the fleet UFP. I sent him a PM asking if he was going to fight and he replied "are you?" so yes he was sitting at his keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andor View Post
Yea I don't think posting those names would be allowed.

What you can do is let the other team know they have a free kill on the loser.
You will not fight or attack anyone from the other team that is taking out the losers.
Whats the point of having the other side "Free Kill" him? There is no penalty for the AFKer, no lasting effects, the other team gets nothing in exchange but an easy win because the rest of you basically AFKed while the AFKer gets killed off. In the end, it results in a fast end to the match and the AFKer gets what they want even faster.

You guys are playig right into his hands. He is AFK, why would he care if he gets killed if there is no penalty? Once they get to AFKing, they have devolved even lower from the lesser PvP jerk who just runs head long into the enemy for a rapid death. Anyone who just sits there AFK as already deemed the PvP match so devoid of value that they don't even expend the energy and effort to do "suicide runs"...and ya'll "free killing" the mis supposed to mean something to them?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Oh god shut the doors, that evil man, InfoNinja is a coming!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Whats the point of having the other side "Free Kill" him? There is no penalty for the AFKer, no lasting effects, the other team gets nothing in exchange but an easy win because the rest of you basically AFKed while the AFKer gets killed off. In the end, it results in a fast end to the match and the AFKer gets what they want even faster.

You guys are playig right into his hands. He is AFK, why would he care if he gets killed if there is no penalty? Once they get to AFKing, they have devolved even lower from the lesser PvP jerk who just runs head long into the enemy for a rapid death. Anyone who just sits there AFK as already deemed the PvP match so devoid of value that they don't even expend the energy and effort to do "suicide runs"...and ya'll "free killing" the mis supposed to mean something to them?
For every one AFKer there are five kill happy Cap and Hold players that only care about damage and kills and dont even bother to capture so this gives them more kills and damage.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post

Agreed. There are ways to hurt the more. Leave the match and queue up to a new one. The match will drag on because the other side has to hunt 1 lone afk ****er.

Would be nice if there was a vote to kick option.
Closed Thread