Lt. Commander
When I'm in the star clusters I regularly see people skipping over the unknown systems trying to race each other to anomalies. Just a little FYI: unknown systems have anomalies too. You dont have to actually accept the mission, you can just warp in, grab up the anomalies, and warp out. Sometimes you get 4 different spawns in a fairly small amount of space, and its also your own little private instance so you dont have to race anyone
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
When I'm in the star clusters I regularly see people skipping over the unknown systems trying to race each other to anomalies. Just a little FYI: unknown systems have anomalies too. You dont have to actually accept the mission, you can just warp in, grab up the anomalies, and warp out. Sometimes you get 4 different spawns in a fairly small amount of space, and its also your own little private instance so you dont have to race anyone
And when farming, the "Scan 5 anomalies" are a godsend. (Except when you're looking for energy and it gives you 3 physical and 2 technical instead.)
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah, but the loading screens are going to hurt their Anomaly-per-Minute rate, didn't you know?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah I do this too. As mentioned, the scan 5 anomalies missions are very nice for this. I also like Aid the Planet missions. They usually have 4 anomalies, plus I can get DXP and some pocket change from selling the item they give me. The only ones I abandon are enemy confrontations in space. For things like base investigations however, I just snag the anomalies and then warp out. Seems to work very nice for me.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantesh View Post
Yeah I do this too. As mentioned, the scan 5 anomalies missions are very nice for this. I also like Aid the Planet missions. They usually have 4 anomalies, plus I can get DXP and some pocket change from selling the item they give me. The only ones I abandon are enemy confrontations in space. For things like base investigations however, I just snag the anomalies and then warp out. Seems to work very nice for me.
Even on the enemy confrontation, the NPCs wont spawn until you click continue. So you can just downsize the window and do as you please.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Really? Very nice, I didn't know that. Thanks! Even more anomalies for me now mmm.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Even on the enemy confrontation, the NPCs wont spawn until you click continue. So you can just downsize the window and do as you please.
This may be true for Federation side but it is not so true for Klingon side. Anytime you get a mission to destroy asteroids or derelict ships, the spawns are there even if you minimize all pop ups.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-06-2011, 12:25 PM
I found that even if you accept the mission, it will adjust it's difficulty to match your level. It is a good way to get BOFF points. I found that out the other day in the cluster by Sol system. Also, if I remember right there is an accolade associated with each exploration zone for doing 15 explorations in each cluster, so it is not a total waste
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elric71 View Post
I found that even if you accept the mission, it will adjust it's difficulty to match your level. It is a good way to get BOFF points. I found that out the other day in the cluster by Sol system. Also, if I remember right there is an accolade associated with each exploration zone for doing 15 explorations in each cluster, so it is not a total waste
The first bench mark is 15 but the full accolade and title are at 70 i believe.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-06-2011, 12:39 PM
I just camp an anomaly spawn point and when other people scan theirs eventually mine will respawn. Easy way to farm while I'm doing other stuff.