Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
So better late than never. Hopefully it's fashionably late too.

USS Enterprise
NCC-1701-F

Class: ???
Parallax-class?
Legacy-class?
Liberty?

FORE
PORT
PORT (No nacelle or pylon so you can see the lower hull)
PORT (Size comparison, this ship is considerably more massive but not as long, yet much wider)
AFT
ALL THREE VIEWS IN ONE

PLEASE VOTE FOR ME! I would really appreciate it!
http://www.startrekonline.com/enterp...ery?share=1166

To put it simply I wanted to make a ship that looks like it could coast through space. It doesn't look the fastest but I think it looks pretty powerful. Especially with those big impulse engines on it's hulls (see big orange/red things in the aft view) which make it look like it could just rocket the heck out.
This is a "tall" ship. Not literally. It's quiet squished down but I like it. I mean tall as in I imagine this ship trading blows. It's not nimble like the Defiant or Intrepid.

Try to see all the details. Like the UFP logo on the top of the Starboard and Port hulls (which could be used for your Fleet logos too!). The phasers I think have good coverage. Not all the details are there but there's some.

(Does this ship follow the rules for Star Trek ships? The only one that you might question is the one where over 50% of the Engineering Hull must show. Since I have three hulls like this and two are mirrored I only count one of the mirrored ones. Iím not sure they had ships with multiple mirrored hulls in mind when they made that rule. If you only count one itís above 50% showing from the starboard and port views so itís okay.)

Due to limited time these are the only views I have right now. I wish I had a perspective view but alas, I do not.

Design Process:

Long story short I designed something I wanted to design.

I could have done the smart thing and stuck to the ďEnterpriseĒ hull configuration. At least it would look familiar.
I could have taken the safe route and designed a sleek ship since sleek seems to be a sign of the future!
I could have done the smart and safe thing and designed something similar to the Enterprise-J since I do know they at least have interest in a ship like this!

But no! I just didnít want to. I took the risky route. Probably too riskyÖ

For this ship I wanted to design something DIFFERENT. I wanted to use a NEW and UNIQUE hull configuration. After many sketches that varied from Vulcan-style circle things and crazy sleek ships and Enterprise J hybrids I stumbled upon the two hull configuration with two big Deflector dishes. Oddly, I liked it.

Itís not traditional. I did some research and apparently some JJverse ships have multiple hulls similar to this. Voyager had two deflector dishes so why not mine? It looks nice and I bet I can make it make sense too in a ďFan FictionĒ sort of way.

I added a THIRD hull to the bottom. Why? It balances the ship andÖ I like it.

The ďFan FictionĒ thoughts behind this ship were simple.
(If I were to win Cryptic wouldnít have to do ANY of this and I donít care, these are just my thoughts of the ship as I was designing it)
(lolÖ With over 1000 ships submitted I doubt I could win anyways)

This ship makes use of some of the newest Transwarp technology available. Itís still not perfect but through the use of itís two deflector dishes which double as Transwarp field stabilizer, a new and experimental technology.
The deflector dishís canít start transwarp or anything. They just stabilize and make transwarp safer and possible for longer periods. Though it still uses traditional warp drive most of the time it has the option to go at low transwarp speeds safter and longer than other ships with the capabilities.

The two hulls are called the Starboard and Port Hulls. Engineering is actually in the back of the Saucer Section though aspects of it stretch quiet far.

The third hull on the bottom is used primarily for non-essential systems. Itís got cargo bays, large shuttle bays capable of holding larger small ships.

Itís equipped with Turrets (you canít see where theyíd come out since I didnít finish a top or bottom view yet) and cannons as well as the normal phasers and torpedoes.

Now for a ďFan FictionĒ for itís theoretical statistics in STO.
Again, Cryptic doesnít have to pay attention to this of course! This is just my imagination running away.

This ship was designed to be versatile. Not the master of anything. More Cruiser than the other ships but still it would have a lot of options. Specifically I had fun imagining itís special Bridge Officer Stations.

Hull: 39000
Crew: 950

Weapons:
4x Front
3x Back

Impulse: 0.16
Turn Rate: 7 deg/sec
Inertia: 25

Devices:
4x

Consoles:
3x Engineering
3x Science
3x Tactical

Bridge Stations:
Special Commander Universal
Special Lieutenant Commander Engineering
Special Lieutenant Commander Science
Special Lieutenant Commander Tactical
(When you place a Bridge Officer in the Commander Universal Slot of this ship it will RANK DOWN the Lieutenant Commander slot that is of the same type (eng, sci, tact) to Lieutenant)

Then if I got greedyÖ Iíd throw in an Attack Shuttle ability to really point out that this ship is a jack of all trades, master of none.

Notes on my shipís art:

COLORING:
I colored this using CONRAST. The shades donít make sense much of the time. Thatís on purpose. Iíd go back and redo it realistically but I donít have the time to do so before the contests ends.

Consistency:
Window count is often off. The number count for Escape Pods is off when you get farther from the center.

What youíre missing in the missing top and bottom views:
Tons of escape pods, turret that start retracted into the hull. Transporter thingies. Blablabla details.

Aztecing:
If I had unlimited time Iíd throw everything on this ship! Including Aztecing and all the detailing. However, I should really do other stuff like.. look for a job.

Will there be more?
Iíll probably continue this ship but at a slow pace.

Anyways PLEASE VOTE ON MY SHIP!

I spent quiet some time on this thing. More than it looks like since I apparently am really slow at making schematics. PLEASE vote. I would really appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Please share honest opinions. Then vote.
Please state any issues you have with the ship (technological or whatever). Then vote.
Please vote. :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Looks really good. Nice design work.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Voted.

Well done Parallax, another design that doesn't dissapoint.

I love it
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Niiice, though it doesn't really follow the design lineage set by previous Enterprises. Looks more like an Akira or Miranda; not that that's a bad thing.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Interesting design. Very unique and very cool. Nice Job.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Please share honest opinions. Then vote.
Please state any issues you have with the ship (technological or whatever). Then vote.
Please vote. :p
Honest opinion? It does not look in line with where ship design is. It looks like it would be closer to the tng era.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Wow. I can't believe someone actually entered the Federation Dreadnaught from Flashtrek Broken Mirror as a design concept, seeing as that's supposed to be a Mirror Universe ship.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-06-2011, 06:06 PM
I had to look Flashtech up and I still don't know what you mean.

As for lineage, I just didn't want to do the same old same old. Personal preference.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Flashtrek: Broken Mirror is a flash game made by a guy named Vex Xiang. Its not well known, but it did have its own site and forums, and has been featured on some websites.

Flashtrek: Broken Mirror's forums have ceased activity, as the maker of the game has not updated it in a long time, and the patch that had the Dreadnaught no longer works. However, by cleverly entering cheats, you can still get it.

The Dreadnaught was part of an "uber" class of ships the maker put in. Seeing as you can conquer the galaxy for the Dominion, Cardassians, Humans, Klingons, Vulcans, or yourself, you would get a different "uber" class ship depending on who you conquered all the systems for. The Uber can basically kill anything it comes across.

The game let you play as non-aligned, Earth Empire, Klingon, Vulcan, Romulan, Klingon, Cardassian, Dominion, Ferengi, and I believe also Bajoran, but I'm not sure on the last one. There were also ways to play as a Cardassian with a better starting ship, and as the Borg.

It's actually a pretty good game, though a bit glitchy sometimes, and if you want, I can link it.
Closed Thread