Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-06-2011, 07:34 PM
Totally doesn't look like an Enterprise of any kind.

That said, if this wound up in game anyway as a Sci ship? I would fly the hell out of it. It's gorgeous.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I like the design, its unique without being outlandish.

The only thing that looks odd to me, are nacelle placement and their pylons. They just seem kinda tacked on and not part of a complete design.

I'm aware the entry is submitted and changing at this point isn't an option. But I can see the ship flowing much better with a minor change to the pylons.

Instead of the pylons arching down to put the nacelles below the saucer. You could have shorter pylons if you take them from the point they leave the upper hulls. angled upwards about 30 degrees. putting the nacelles at a height slightly above the upper hulls. And at a width slightly narrower then the saucer.

It would give it a much more enterprise look. while loosing the tacked on look for the nacelles.

At least in my own opinion anyways.

Still its a great design
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Honestly I dislike. Looks scrawny, and not stately enough IMO. Having said that, what program did you use to draw that?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Photoshop. Vote for it anyways (and 5 stars!).

Photoshop isn't the best choice. Next time I'm using illustrator. This thing took 10x longer than it had to because of photoshop...
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-06-2011, 08:24 PM
Orignality of Submision Image: 50%

Adaptability to Star Trek History: 25%

Creativity: 25%

I give myself...

150%!
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Sorry, cant vote, Im entering something as well
But the schematics looks awesome, and Im envious of that. I have 5 full days off work before the due date. I just dont think thats time to learn a new CAD program, AND draw the ship in time for entry.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Struts are gonna strut.

Only real complaint. They are so long and slender.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-06-2011, 08:42 PM
In the perspective the pylons and nacelles look much more significant. I've got a sketch and the zero-point perspective that schematics do don't do them justice. The nacelles in zero-point perspective look somewhat scrawny, same with the pylons. However they're actually more massive than a Soveriegn's and with perspective they're much more substantial. The pylons are even wider than most ship's pylons including the ultra skinny Galaxy pylons.

I really wish I finished the perspective shot. I have a sketch of the front and back that looks pretty kickbutt.

P.S. You can vote even if you enter something. Vote!
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexsam View Post
Totally doesn't look like an Enterprise of any kind.
I knew this would happen. In my mind you can't be very creative or original if you stick to the expected.

So many people are going for Enterprise-J like designs. I wanted to do something completely different that while it might not look like the Enterprise's you know and love, it could potentially and hopefully grow on you (if I won, which... I likely won't).
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
In the perspective the pylons and nacelles look much more significant. I've got a sketch and the zero-point perspective that schematics do don't do them justice. The nacelles in zero-point perspective look somewhat scrawny, same with the pylons. However they're actually more massive than a Soveriegn's and with perspective they're much more substantial. The pylons are even wider than most ship's pylons including the ultra skinny Galaxy pylons.

I really wish I finished the perspective shot. I have a sketch of the front and back that looks pretty kickbutt.

With clever editing we can find what he really meant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
I love my struts like I love my womans legs.
Long and slender.

Can totally understand that and would love to see one of them perspective shots.
Closed Thread