Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I started playing STO about a week ago as a tourist intent on experiencing the gaming content up to endgame. As such, I decided I would skip crafting and just move forward with store-bought and occasionally Exchange bought items. On my first day, I had a look at what all the things in my inventory were going for on the exchange. Imagine my surprise when I saw that this anomaly reading were going for 5000+ each! I started selling them in lots of 10 and at LT. Commander I now have nearly 2 million energy credits!?! Based on how long it takes to gather anomaly readings, I'd say I could make about 500k/hour doing nothing but snarfing up anomalies out of Delta Volanis. I'm really at a loss on what to spend it on. So far I've been purchasing uncommon items from the exchange for 1k-20k each.

Is there just too much money floating around STO that a newbie can make this sort of cash in such a short time? Perhaps it is that too many people have been at end-game for too long. Maybe there are simply not enough big-ticket items in the game to drain away all this money from the economy. So far, the most expensive things I've seen have all been on the exchange, but that's just money changing from one player to another. The other big ticket item--ships are cheap compared to the cash I see floating around, and you can only buy a small number of ships at end-game.

--Harper
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
01-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harperhendee View Post
I started playing STO about a week ago as a tourist intent on experiencing the gaming content up to endgame. As such, I decided I would skip crafting and just move forward with store-bought and occasionally Exchange bought items. On my first day, I had a look at what all the things in my inventory were going for on the exchange. Imagine my surprise when I saw that this anomaly reading were going for 5000+ each! I started selling them in lots of 10 and at LT. Commander I now have nearly 2 million energy credits!?! Based on how long it takes to gather anomaly readings, I'd say I could make about 500k/hour doing nothing but snarfing up anomalies out of Delta Volanis. I'm really at a loss on what to spend it on. So far I've been purchasing uncommon items from the exchange for 1k-20k each.

Is there just too much money floating around STO that a newbie can make this sort of cash in such a short time? Perhaps it is that too many people have been at end-game for too long. Maybe there are simply not enough big-ticket items in the game to drain away all this money from the economy. So far, the most expensive things I've seen have all been on the exchange, but that's just money changing from one player to another. The other big ticket item--ships are cheap compared to the cash I see floating around, and you can only buy a small number of ships at end-game.

--Harper
Well you can make a part with that rare anomaly and two others along with some other samples sells for about 1.8 mil last time I checked. To get all the samples required and the rare anomalies takes a fair bit of time. Hence the 5k sale price. Some rarer samples go for far more.

Of course with more people wanting to max crafting themselves, those rare anomalies become harder to buy. This drives the price even more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
01-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Its just because crafting got such a boost lately...

Prices already drop. Its like.. one special trace did cost 800k last week and now u already get it for 400-500k.
Give it a Month or so and all the crafting prices will go down big time.

Its the same as the embleme console +35 Shield... when they got released, i just farmed emblems on all my toons and sold the consoles on exchange for 3+ Million the piece. Now such a console costs only around 300k @ exchange.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
01-06-2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harperhendee View Post
I started playing STO about a week ago as a tourist intent on experiencing the gaming content up to endgame. As such, I decided I would skip crafting and just move forward with store-bought and occasionally Exchange bought items. On my first day, I had a look at what all the things in my inventory were going for on the exchange. Imagine my surprise when I saw that this anomaly reading were going for 5000+ each! I started selling them in lots of 10 and at LT. Commander I now have nearly 2 million energy credits!?! Based on how long it takes to gather anomaly readings, I'd say I could make about 500k/hour doing nothing but snarfing up anomalies out of Delta Volanis. I'm really at a loss on what to spend it on. So far I've been purchasing uncommon items from the exchange for 1k-20k each.

Is there just too much money floating around STO that a newbie can make this sort of cash in such a short time?
--Harper
This is actually temporary inflation because people are trying to craft/level crafting to get that new Aegis Gear Set.

Once people have their fill (generally), the markets will adjust accordingly and the prices will fall.

(=| Here's the Beatles telling you, "Baby, You're a Rich Man |=)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
01-06-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harperhendee View Post
I started playing STO about a week ago as a tourist intent on experiencing the gaming content up to endgame. As such, I decided I would skip crafting and just move forward with store-bought and occasionally Exchange bought items. On my first day, I had a look at what all the things in my inventory were going for on the exchange. Imagine my surprise when I saw that this anomaly reading were going for 5000+ each! I started selling them in lots of 10 and at LT. Commander I now have nearly 2 million energy credits!?! Based on how long it takes to gather anomaly readings, I'd say I could make about 500k/hour doing nothing but snarfing up anomalies out of Delta Volanis. I'm really at a loss on what to spend it on. So far I've been purchasing uncommon items from the exchange for 1k-20k each.

Is there just too much money floating around STO that a newbie can make this sort of cash in such a short time? Perhaps it is that too many people have been at end-game for too long. Maybe there are simply not enough big-ticket items in the game to drain away all this money from the economy. So far, the most expensive things I've seen have all been on the exchange, but that's just money changing from one player to another. The other big ticket item--ships are cheap compared to the cash I see floating around, and you can only buy a small number of ships at end-game.

--Harper
You seem to be swimming in a shallow pool. Spend some more time in game, you can find stuff to spend it on.

In general some of the posters are generally right, there are no real money sinks and like most MMO's we can "print" our own money, nothing will change until that is corrected.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
01-06-2011, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
This is actually temporary inflation because people are trying to craft/level crafting to get that new Aegis Gear Set.

Once people have their fill (generally), the markets will adjust accordingly and the prices will fall.
LOL yeah you got to get in while they are hot and keep an eye on the market. Aegis have dropped quite a bit since launch. Crafting these is all I have been doing to get some quick cash before the "taxation of trade routes by the trade federation" kick in on the exchange - what else am i do do? I'm sitting on about 80 mil at the moment :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
01-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
LOL yeah you got to get in while they are hot and keep an eye on the market. Aegis have dropped quite a bit since launch. Crafting these is all I have been doing to get some quick cash before the "taxation of trade routes by the trade federation" kick in on the exchange - what else am i do do? I'm sitting on about 80 mil at the moment :p
Aegis Sets have dropped by the demand for Zenas Expanse / B'Tran T4-5 anomalies haven't. You can make a killing if you're willing to go for the better drop rates past DS9.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
01-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Aegis Sets have dropped by the demand for Zenas Expanse / B'Tran T4-5 anomalies haven't. You can make a killing if you're willing to go for the better drop rates past DS9.
Thanks for the heads up Darren. I have this problem now that when I start to farm anomolies I spontaniously vomit in my desk bin - Just can't stomach it anymore. My greedy wallet tells me to go an make more EC but there is nothing to spend it on (yet).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
01-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Thanks for the heads up Darren. I have this problem now that when I start to farm anomolies I spontaniously vomit in my desk bin - Just can't stomach it anymore. My greedy wallet tells me to go an make more EC but there is nothing to spend it on (yet).
Rumored Energy Credit Uses for Season 4:
  • Ferengi Diplomat Status?
  • Open a nightclub on Risa?
  • Dabo Anonymous Funding?
  • Keys to a shiny new Australia?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
01-06-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Rumored Energy Credit Uses for Season 4:
  • Ferengi Diplomat Status?
  • Open a nightclub on Risa?
  • Dabo Anonymous Funding?
  • Keys to a shiny new Australia?
Stop that! The thicks will bite.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:33 PM.