Lt. Commander
I'm guessing on like 2 months from now. Yup 2 months, maybe early March. Cryptic is scared out of their tight uniform pants on this one that if it doesn't go perfectly, the ships all self destruct and STO goes boom. I haven't seen glowing reports from the tribble testers saying it is in good shape for launch now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2011, 09:30 AM
There are several threads about the Foundry on the first page already, and one of them is speculating about the release date.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
I'm guessing on like 2 months from now. Yup 2 months, maybe early March. Cryptic is scared out of their tight uniform pants on this one that if it doesn't go perfectly, the ships all self destruct and STO goes boom. I haven't seen glowing reports from the tribble testers saying it is in good shape for launch now.
Didnt they say it would be live late this month, before Feb?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrys View Post
Well, the toolset still has many problems, but I wouldn't say that there are any "fix or die" bugs. The system doesn't seem to have the exploit loopholes either. I'd prefer that they wait at least until the next big build (with long enough to see if that build doesn't break more than it fixes). Then, I'd say the Foundry is ready for holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
Well, the toolset still has many problems, but I wouldn't say that there are any "fix or die" bugs. The system doesn't seem to have the exploit loopholes either. I'd prefer that they wait at least until the next big build (with long enough to see if that build doesn't break more than it fixes). Then, I'd say the Foundry is ready for holodeck.
Even if the Foundry is released in its current incarnation, the "big build" will be on Red Shirt and Tribble before being applied to live, so even if it does break things there that wont effect the live version.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawkorrr View Post
Didnt they say it would be live late this month, before Feb?
Oh they did? I didn't see that. If anyone has the post would appreciate it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Dev Tracker works wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl
Former link
Not to steal stormshade's thunder... but now that I'm back among the living I can shed some light on what's going on.

While I don't have specific dates to share, I can show you what I have on my January Calendar:
Decision whether to turn Foundry on Holodeck or wait till next Foundry Update
Feature Episode Series 3 Starts this month! (featuring the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _)
All Good Things Uniforms
Vulcan Player Ship
Prep for 1 year Anniversay on Feb 2
Prep for 400 day vet rewards Feb 19

We've also started work on Season 4 features as well as a few new surprises which I'll get to once I finally get to the Engineering Report.

Btw... Star Trek is doing great! Welcome to all the new players!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-07-2011, 11:11 AM
i have seen no signs cryptic are either scared about its release or that the foundry being good or bad would actually cause sto to 'go boom'.

personally i think the foundry is is pretty good shape. a couple of problems need ironing out but i would not be surprised if it launches this month or early next. i think many of the people who have actually made some missions would agree that it pretty much does what its meant to. some features are certainly missing but i think we all knew (or were warned) that it will ship missing some features that will be added over the next few months.

the quality of missions that can already be produced are excellent.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-07-2011, 11:37 AM
As mentioned, the decision was made that we are going to keep the Foundry on Tribble until we can get the next big Foundry features in (which are scheduled to go in at the very end of January). Once those new mission features are in the foundry, have had time to test on Tribble and we are in agreement that its looking good, we'll move the feature over to Holodeck.

In the meantime, we are looking into ways to bring over a few missions from Tribble to Holodeck for players to check out and give feedback on to see what people think of what's being made thus far.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post

In the meantime, we are looking into ways to bring over a few missions from Tribble to Holodeck for players to check out and give feedback on to see what people think of what's being made thus far.
could that be adapted for everybody. it would save a lot of time if we dont have to remake what is already there?