# 31
01-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Best track ever.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
The operatic piece is by far the worse. I am not even sure that you can call it opera, it is more like a really bad parody of opera. It is quite painful to listen to. Some of the other music is not too bad, but very little is what I would call good, and forget about great. The only music I like at all is the music on the character selection screen.

As far as music that is in Public Domain that I think would be far more fitting, or at least not as irritating, I recommend Gustav Holst.

There are public domain Air Force Band recordings made of The Planets and some Marine Band recordings of some of his other pieces.
You are os right. And I like that Gustav Holst music that you linked to.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-09-2011, 05:10 PM
I've always though it was the doctor from voyager and a take off of the "Virtuoso" episode (S6E07). The music isn't supposed to sound good, but is mathematically perfect...
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-09-2011, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpVis View Post
The operatic piece is by far the worse. I am not even sure that you can call it opera, it is more like a really bad parody of opera. It is quite painful to listen to. Some of the other music is not too bad, but very little is what I would call good, and forget about great. The only music I like at all is the music on the character selection screen.

As far as music that is in Public Domain that I think would be far more fitting, or at least not as irritating, I recommend Gustav Holst.

There are public domain Air Force Band recordings made of The Planets and some Marine Band recordings of some of his other pieces.

I did look at that. Parts felt great but I think the music would need to be edited, particularly the ones that are overtures.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thexis
my sister walked into the room when that operatic "Ahhhhhahhhhh" was going on.

She started laughing hysterically and imitating it. NOT one of my fondest STO memories, haha.
Yeah, my sister-in-law walked in when I was singing to it this Christmas. She asked, "wtf are you singing?!!!!" I said, "Klingon opera. Jeezzzzz." She answered back, "Wowwwwww!"

I have to admit the first time I heard the song it was alright, but eventually, it just got on my nerves. It has very high pitched lyrics that seem very repetitive at times. I wouldn't mind some editing or even other Klingon opera songs to shake things up a little bit.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_Fandango
Yeah, my sister-in-law walked in when I was singing to it this Christmas. She asked, "wtf are you singing?!!!!" I said, "Klingon opera. Jeezzzzz." She answered back, "Wowwwwww!"

I have to admit the first time I heard the song it was alright, but eventually, it just got on my nerves. It has very high pitched lyrics that seem very repetitive at times. I wouldn't mind some editing or even other Klingon opera songs to shake things up a little bit.
I use iTunes as my in-game player...

I have ALL the Star Trek music CD's (TV & Movies... yes, Huge Trek Nerd-Geek here) DL'd in a specific iTunes Trek file.

I just call up the in-game player, make sure that the Trek files are selected on iTunes and then click through the titles till I find the theme I want to listen to.

Sometimes I click on the single repeat feature so that just one particular theme plays till I finish a mission.

I like Goldsmith's Ilia's Theme, so I use it a lot.

I use his Klingon Theme a lot too.

When I'm sitting either inside or outside of ESD chatting, I used the Enterprise Theme real soft in the background.

I wish they had used the theme from DS-9 instead of new stuff for that area...of course I replace the existing stuff with the real thing.

I tried using the ENTERPRISE TV show theme when I was flying around in my NX, but I never really cared for that particular theme, so I've only done it a couple of times.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of Trek music.
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-09-2011, 06:50 PM
My main problem is that it seems like I hear the same few tracks over, and over, and over again. I hear the "AAAAHH" guy more often than anything else. It doesn't fit the theme or mood of the area I'm in, usually, either.

Sometimes I think California Love would be a more appropriate theme for some areas of the game than some of the stuff that plays now.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-09-2011, 09:18 PM
I have heard from reliable sources that California does indeed know a thing or two about partying.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsaber View Post
I have heard from reliable sources that California does indeed know a thing or two about partying.
California Dreamin' ain't bad way to go either.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
I use iTunes as my in-game player...

I have ALL the Star Trek music CD's (TV & Movies... yes, Huge Trek Nerd-Geek here) DL'd in a specific iTunes Trek file.

I just call up the in-game player, make sure that the Trek files are selected on iTunes and then click through the titles till I find the theme I want to listen to.

Sometimes I click on the single repeat feature so that just one particular theme plays till I finish a mission.

I like Goldsmith's Ilia's Theme, so I use it a lot.

I use his Klingon Theme a lot too.

When I'm sitting either inside or outside of ESD chatting, I used the Enterprise Theme real soft in the background.

I wish they had used the theme from DS-9 instead of new stuff for that area...of course I replace the existing stuff with the real thing.

I tried using the ENTERPRISE TV show theme when I was flying around in my NX, but I never really cared for that particular theme, so I've only done it a couple of times.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of Trek music.
Actually, I prefer to use a custom pandora channel full of plenty of star-trek themed music, but thank you for the recommendations.