Lt. Commander
# 41
01-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim_Fandango
Actually, I prefer to use a custom pandora channel full of plenty of star-trek themed music, but thank you for the recommendations.
That works too...

Me, I'm using RR-Lite and would rather use my available band-width to avoid a bunch of lag in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-09-2011, 09:55 PM
The advantage to my method is that it takes advantage of in-game music cues. The downside is you need familiarity with development tools and audio engineering software and a couple of command line functions to produce the new music. Once you do, though, it works just like Pendra's add-ons: drop a file in a folder and the music gets replaced.

I'm trying to start discussion with both Cryptic and GNP about the idea of an aftermarket music pack.

The game is down to $5-10 most places. My core idea is that you could take the price back up to $15-20 and include a music pack while introducing a music pack for existing players in the $10-15 range.

The ability to do modular work is also something that has me lobbying to start a voiceover troupe. If Cryptic can set the cues back for VO, I could get a lot of actors in a studio to produce voiceover that's ready-made.for inclusion and maybe leverage contacts to get some Trek actors involved, if not at least some folks who have worked on AAA games before.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
The advantage to my method is that it takes advantage of in-game music cues. The downside is you need familiarity with development tools and audio engineering software and a couple of command line functions to produce the new music. Once you do, though, it works just like Pendra's add-ons: drop a file in a folder and the music gets replaced.

I'm trying to start discussion with both Cryptic and GNP about the idea of an aftermarket music pack.

The game is down to $5-10 most places. My core idea is that you could take the price back up to $15-20 and include a music pack while introducing a music pack for existing players in the $10-15 range.

The ability to do modular work is also something that has me lobbying to start a voiceover troupe. If Cryptic can set the cues back for VO, I could get a lot of actors in a studio to produce voiceover that's ready-made.for inclusion and maybe leverage contacts to get some Trek actors involved, if not at least some folks who have worked on AAA games before.
Have we confirmed that 5-10 is Cryptic's MRSP or is it just seasonal sales with distribution services selling off their excess merchandise?
Lt. Commander
# 44
01-09-2011, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Meh. It reminds me of this stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdjL8WXjlGI#t=35s
At least it doesn't sound like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0jLi1peB4E
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-09-2011, 11:09 PM
The exciting music that usually starts upon entering a battle is spoiled by the "Yah!" hip hop style tuneless shouting within it.

Not necessary and spoils a pretty good music background.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-10-2011, 12:04 AM
There is one part that I really like but over all, its kinda nice....a little, goofy but what else could/should it be?
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-10-2011, 02:43 AM
I like the music - my only complaint is - if you can call it that - add more variety.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-10-2011, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
The exciting music that usually starts upon entering a battle is spoiled by the "Yah!" hip hop style tuneless shouting within it.

Not necessary and spoils a pretty good music background.
If you mean the long, "AAAAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!", I always thought that sounded like dying Klingons. Which I thought appropriate when timed right when I destroyed a Klingon ship.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Bad link?

10 chars