Lt. Commander
# 1 Admirals need ship pets
01-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Why have a ton of useless lower tier ships sitting in my hangar Cryptic? Why can't ship pet controls be a part of the foundry launch to give us something substantive? Put in a point system as well to limit number and type of ships.

t.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2011, 06:30 PM
<- wants more substantial gameplay than BOFFs in space.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
<- wants more substantial gameplay than BOFFs in space.
this

/10ch
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Believe something like this was discussed as a possible thing for fleet admiral (ie boffs in space as darren put it hehe)

But it would be nice if it was something a bit more complex than that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2011, 06:32 PM
I thought it was about having pets aboard my ship. I want a kitty cat.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2011, 06:34 PM
To clarify my comment:
I would not enjoy seeing boffs simply stuck to ships and following us around in a daisy chain.

However, i would like to assign my BOFFs in their ships on missions - stuff like charting "exploring strange, new worlds, seeking out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before..."
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2011, 07:09 PM
While I like the idea, I think it should be optional. So you could pick to be a Fleet General, or a Normal one when you got that level. And they could have specific PvP (Maybe just 1v1, or 2v2 or something) for Fleet Admirals/Generals. As long I dont HAVE to have ships following me, I will be happy.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-07-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
While I like the idea, I think it should be optional. So you could pick to be a Fleet General, or a Normal one when you got that level. And they could have specific PvP (Maybe just 1v1, or 2v2 or something) for Fleet Admirals/Generals. As long I dont HAVE to have ships following me, I will be happy.
^ This. For me personally I have no interest in having a group of ships following me everywhere I go. I am the Captain of my ship.. I don't want to be forced to play like a 'fleet captain'. To me, that's not very Trek like. The shows have always mostly been about the Captains (Archer, Kirk , Picard, Sisko, and Janeway) and not about what Admiral Ross does all day behind his desk or giving orders and whatnot... ( yes I know that STO is in 'a different time' but it still doesn't change the general feeling for me. ) Don't force gameplay mechanics on us.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-07-2011, 10:26 AM
I dont because they will just put them in the C-Store for 2000CP.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
^ This. For me personally I have no interest in having a group of ships following me everywhere I go. I am the Captain of my ship.. I don't want to be forced to play like a 'fleet captain'. To me, that's not very Trek like. The shows have always mostly been about the Captains (Archer, Kirk , Picard, Sisko, and Janeway) and not about what Admiral Ross does all day behind his desk or giving orders and whatnot... ( yes I know that STO is in 'a different time' but it still doesn't change the general feeling for me. ) Don't force gameplay mechanics on us.
I can understand that, especially since it concerns having to command a number of ships in an exclusively single player experience. Having it optional though would kinda nerf it at the onset, making our extra ships that we left a long time ago just like glorified fighters.

Admirals really should be commanding a squadron at least, and in the big war we are in it makes all the sense. Heck, I've always believed the only good Klingon is one that comes with two of his buddies on his wing. It opens up a whole new dynamic and basically just "extends" your ability to project additional captains powers. Say for example, I could have 3 ships, my cruiser, 1 science, and 1 tac. Each of those additional ships would inherit some abilities (yes yes I know abilities are captain specific, which I think is silly...they could make it addon with this feature) from whatever class / type /etc. you bring along.

The possibilities are endless and it brings what this game has lacked from the beginning: depth.

I won't even go into the lack of real exploration.... someone else fix that.