# 21
01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Quote:
No More Weeklies
Seriously guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-child View Post
thanks alot for posting that.
I for one is loving the weeklys and it's like a tv episode where you can't wait for the next series/episode.

It's something new and exiting to my normal gameplay, so please, don't stop them
THIS

And not just "this," but it's a good business decision - keeps players coming back for more.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-06-2011, 10:21 PM
If weeklies go or are delayed, I would be very very disappointed. They are very good and hope to see them released on a somewhat regular schedule. Probably one of the best things going for STO are the weeklies
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-06-2011, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I've been giving this more and more thought, and I'd love to see Cryptic stop putting so many resources and people into weekly episodes.

Yes, I love the weeklies too, but it makes more sense to focus on the big picture items, especially since UGC and the Foundry will soon deliver an endless supply of new content for the playerbase. While players have tons of new stuff to do on a weekly basis, the devs can combine the full resources to things like:

The camera tools, episode remastering, and cinematics.
An exploration revamp that really changes the endgame content.
PVP overhaul.
Ground combat overhaul.
The crew system.
Crafting.
A unique gameplay for Admirals (like Fleets or something)
and other overhauls that are really needed.

These weekly episodes are fun, but the replay value is limited. Why not focus instead on the big ideas, the game changers, the overhauls, the upgrades?

UGC gives the devs a unique opportunity: What can be done without worrying about new content on a specific date? What can be done that will REALLY make a difference, beyond satisfying the playerbase for a few hours?

Instead of pooling resources to meet a hectic schedule, make some big changes that affect the game as a whole.
Honestly, i'd prefer they ditched the foundry if they're going to ditch (read: ditch can also mean put on hold in this context) anything. Not many will agree with that but i think Foundry is a waste and will be an ongoing waste of development (to maintain) and CS (to Police) resources.

I wager Cryptic's taken all that into consideration, but i still think it's a bad decision.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
Correct.

/10char
Quoted by a dev!?
Does that mean I level up or something?
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPAWAR View Post
I say more STF's for the love a god
that depends.. are they going to be well designed and balanced, or a complete mess like the current ones?
I don't even want to ever think about running KA or Cure again in my lifetime, it makes me ill just thinking about it/
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-07-2011, 12:56 AM
The Feature Episodes are some of the best missions in the entire game. The quality is higher than almost all other storyline arcs from Lt. to VA. I have to disagree with the OP, keep the Feature Episodes coming.

Also, there are holes when leveling up where there is no storyline content (patrols are extremely generic and don't count). Since you can do the FEs at any level they work well to fill these holes.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-07-2011, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadscythe
Honestly, i'd prefer they ditched the foundry if they're going to ditch (read: ditch can also mean put on hold in this context) anything. Not many will agree with that but i think Foundry is a waste and will be an ongoing waste of development (to maintain) and CS (to Police) resources.

I wager Cryptic's taken all that into consideration, but i still think it's a bad decision.
Have you even played any of the missions people have made?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Nah i just enjoy making baseless ignorant posts with no idea what...oh...wait....

Yes, yes i have link

But you'd have realised that if you'd have read the whole thread
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Character progression is what I'd like to see. Inside weeklies or out, whatever, but hitting a brick wall to further character development a week or two after making VA isn't quite curling my toes.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzHawkeye View Post
Character progression is what I'd like to see. Inside weeklies or out, whatever, but hitting a brick wall to further character development a week or two after making VA isn't quite curling my toes.

We just want things to do after hitting VA ; ;

I'll return when that happens <.<