Lt. Commander
# 1 Why do KDF have Joined Trill
01-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I have been watching DS9 trying to catch up on all my Trek history and I had thought that the reason why the KDF had the joined trill was because of Jadzia and Worf but at the end of season 6 jadzia is killed. Now I still have to watch season 7 so maybe my answer is there but I don't mind spoilers so can I get the canon reason for the KDF having Joined Trill or was it just to even things out.

I have a trill KDF so I'm not trying to be hypercritical here or anything just a question of curiosity.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Maybe some Trill/Symbionts (not wanting to go extinct) feel the Empire is better suited for taking on all these agro species flying around the galaxy, since the Klinks have outted a ton of Undine and the Feds keep gettin' punked by them.

Lt. Commander
# 3
01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Same reasons there are humans on both sides of the various wars we got in this world?

Their individual choice. (semantics... Don't go there)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Well I don't know the specifics... but BEFORE the Dax entity was joined with Jadzia, it was in a guy named 'Kurzon". The reason Sisko calls Jadzia 'old man'. Apparently Kurzon is well liked by Klingons, and even General Martok knows and respects Kurzon. I think he was an ambassador, or some kind of liason to the Klingon people.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Because Klingon players whined that they didn't have Joined Trill bonus stats. That's it, there is no explanation.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2011, 10:17 PM
The real reason is whiners. People whined enough so they got put in. It really makes no sense.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
The real reason is whiners. People whined enough so they got put in. It really makes no sense.
Other than your character as a person is being sympathetic to the KDF and joined their ranks.
But never mind that...Chat is just insane.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-06-2011, 10:41 PM
A more important question would be, why don't they have Feringi or Pakleds.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-06-2011, 10:42 PM
The real reason?

The Joined Trill are a retail bonus item. We felt that punishing Klingon players for buying a box at a certain retailer and then suddenly discovering they couldn't use the advertised bonus was unfair.

Is it Canon? No.

On the other hand, I can think of several RP reasons why a Joined Trill could be working for the KDF.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
The real reason?

The Joined Trill are a retail bonus item. We felt that punishing Klingon players for buying a box at a certain retailer and then suddenly discovering they couldn't use the advertised bonus was unfair.

Is it Canon? No.

On the other hand, I can think of several RP reasons why a Joined Trill could be working for the KDF.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Stormy, Stormy, Stormy . . .

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Blood_Oath_%28episode%29