Lt. Commander
# 11
01-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
In the meantime, we are looking into ways to bring over a few missions from Tribble to Holodeck for players to check out and give feedback on to see what people think of what's being made thus far.
Is there going to be a way to potentially filter out community authored missions that simply don't make sense for the current timeline and how things are laid out by you guys in STO. Maybe a flag or something that can be set that states this or something when the mission is reviewed?

This is my main biggest fear of the Foundry.

If I am going to play missions from other people I want to make sure it holds true to what's going on in the game and isn't something... really off the wall that doesn't make much sense.

I know I will get a reply from someone that will probably be along the lines of "you don't have to play those missions" which is true I don't.. but I know there are some great storytellers out there and I wouldn't be opposed at trying their missions.

I am really anxious to deliver on my Tellarite themed missions on live
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
could that be adapted for everybody. it would save a lot of time if we dont have to remake what is already there?
I'm not certain we will have that luxury, as it will be tricky enough with versioning to get the copied missions to work (and we'll probably have to do some hand tweaking behind the scenes to get them to acknowledge Holodeck).

Many times Tribble is on a different codebase than Holodeck, so the feature you're asking for isn't as cut and dry as it may sound.

So for now, the reality is that missions will have to be remade when the Foundry is turned on for creation on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
I'm not certain we will have that luxury, as it will be tricky enough with versioning to get the copied missions to work (and we'll probably have to do some hand tweaking behind the scenes to get them to acknowledge Holodeck).

Many times Tribble is on a different codebase than Holodeck, so the feature you're asking for isn't as cut and dry as it may sound.

So for now, the reality is that missions will have to be remade when the Foundry is turned on for creation on Holodeck.
That's understandable. It would be nice if there was an easy export function though, to help us rebuild.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Quote:

understood. thanks for the reply.
Lt. Commander
# 15 Awesome
01-07-2011, 11:36 AM
Quote:
As mentioned, the decision was made that we are going to keep the Foundry on Tribble until we can get the next big Foundry features in (which are scheduled to go in at the very end of January). Once those new mission features are in the foundry, have had time to test on Tribble and we are in agreement that its looking good, we'll move the feature over to Holodeck.

In the meantime, we are looking into ways to bring over a few missions from Tribble to Holodeck for players to check out and give feedback on to see what people think of what's being made thus far.
That sounds like a great idea to whet player's appetite for the new content, and maybe silence a few detractors who think it will suck.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-07-2011, 12:21 PM
Is there any info on what is included in this late January build? I know there is the roadmap, but I'm not sure how this relates. Will any of the immediate goals be included, or is it just more bug fixes?
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-07-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
As mentioned, the decision was made that we are going to keep the Foundry on Tribble until we can get the next big Foundry features in (which are scheduled to go in at the very end of January). Once those new mission features are in the foundry, have had time to test on Tribble and we are in agreement that its looking good, we'll move the feature over to Holodeck.

Just to let you guys know, the ONLY reason i tried star trek, as in i just bought it last week after beta testing the game and not liking it. Was because of mention of the foundry. Your advertising made it sound like the feature was LIVE, ie, beta on a live server. Upon buying the game and subscribing i've since found out it's only on the test server.

There's not enough interesting content in teh game to hold my interest even the free 30 days so i've allready cancelled, the foundry being out would have kept me a customer. Now since my time will be up before it's out, you'll be lucky to get my business back.

Be very careful how you advertise, be CLEAR about things to avoid disapointment. The foundry content would likely have been the best content in the game. I may check out the game again once the next season is released. There's just not enough compelling content here to keep me leveling.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandinroth1971
Just to let you guys know, the ONLY reason i tried star trek, as in i just bought it last week after beta testing the game and not liking it. Was because of mention of the foundry. Your advertising made it sound like the feature was LIVE, ie, beta on a live server. Upon buying the game and subscribing i've since found out it's only on the test server.

There's not enough interesting content in teh game to hold my interest even the free 30 days so i've allready cancelled, the foundry being out would have kept me a customer. Now since my time will be up before it's out, you'll be lucky to get my business back.

Be very careful how you advertise, be CLEAR about things to avoid disapointment. The foundry content would likely have been the best content in the game. I may check out the game again once the next season is released. There's just not enough compelling content here to keep me leveling.
I agree that some of the press is misleading, but you can play Foundry missions right now. Just because it's not on the main server... what's the problem? Transfer you character over to tribble and play Foundry missions during the rest of your 30 days.
Lt. Commander
# 19 Only problem
01-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm pretty sure right now you still can't copy a character over to Tribble. You and I have characters there already, the new guy probably doesn't. It's a shame he quit already though; after all we both know that relatively soon the Foundry will be on the Live server.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-07-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
I'm pretty sure right now you still can't copy a character over to Tribble. You and I have characters there already, the new guy probably doesn't. It's a shame he quit already though; after all we both know that relatively soon the Foundry will be on the Live server.
He/She will be back...

He/She is a Trekkie/er...

..."If you build it they will come..."

..they may P*ss and Moan a lot cause it's not what they envisioned in their own minds...

...but , they'll keep coming back cause they can't help themselves.

..sides, he/she has been here twice now and said he/she will probably come back in a few months...

See what I mean...they just can't help themselves