Lt. Commander
You have to click three times to do something in many cases. Beam up from ESD or such... Hit beam icon, get dialogue asking if you want to undock then have to answer a yes/no confirmation box. How many times do I need to tell this stupid thing I'm bored with ESD and want to leave?

I'm the captain of a starship and I don't expect to have my orders questioned. If it's done as a precaution, (not that you actually need two warnings), have it as an option to not see confirmation boxes PLEASE.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolderine
You have to click three times to do something in many cases. Beam up from ESD or such... Hit beam icon, get dialogue asking if you want to undock then have to answer a yes/no confirmation box. How many times do I need to tell this stupid thing I'm bored with ESD and want to leave?

I'm the captain of a starship and I don't expect to have my orders questioned. If it's done as a precaution, (not that you actually need two warnings), have it as an option to not see confirmation boxes PLEASE.
dude "i like" your attitude
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2011, 12:38 PM
/s i g n e d . (silly character limit)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Are you sure you really want this?

Yes/No
/13char...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2011, 12:47 PM
Adding a toggle to bypass those dialogues would be grea.t

If I manage to find the "visit bridge" option in the interface, chances are it was no accident.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2011, 12:51 PM
maybe use a macro that clicks, presses enter or f or something and then enter again???
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm tempted to change the confirmation dialogue in one of my mission from "Maximum warp. Engage!" to "Did I stutter, Wesley?"
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-07-2011, 11:13 PM
I thought Windows apps were bad when they keep on questioning you if you want to quit. Even crafting a single item takes several clicks, if I want 4 of them, it practically wears out my mouse button doing it - As well as the RSI I get from clicking the mouse button so often.

One warning is sufficient. Also, if they do move the Captains Table, preferably to an entrance from within the station, I'd prefer to dock from sector space and undock to sector space. Unless you have a specific reason to be in ESD/DS9 or any other stations system, like a mission, there is really no reason to have two stages to get from inside the station to sector space and vice versa. All this does is create more load on the server and wasted time while we load a completely unnecessary system that we are just going to leave almost immediately. The same goes for Memory Alpha, just have a cutscene of your ship docking or undocking while it loads the instance.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-07-2011, 11:57 PM
I'd like to see them only appear as buttons over on the right where the low priority messages pop up now. Then I can answer them when I want instead of having to just clear them because I'm still in combat. Not sure why they weren't made this way already.

As far as the departing space dock pop ups go, you can just click the warp to sector button as soon as you are on the ship, and your done.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-08-2011, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolderine
I thought Windows apps were bad when they keep on questioning you if you want to quit. Even crafting a single item takes several clicks, if I want 4 of them, it practically wears out my mouse button doing it - As well as the RSI I get from clicking the mouse button so often.

One warning is sufficient. Also, if they do move the Captains Table, preferably to an entrance from within the station, I'd prefer to dock from sector space and undock to sector space. Unless you have a specific reason to be in ESD/DS9 or any other stations system, like a mission, there is really no reason to have two stages to get from inside the station to sector space and vice versa. All this does is create more load on the server and wasted time while we load a completely unnecessary system that we are just going to leave almost immediately. The same goes for Memory Alpha, just have a cutscene of your ship docking or undocking while it loads the instance.
Dunno if this will help, But:

Some Dialogue boxes can be skipped if you hold Control down. Such as purchasing items. Hypo's is a case in point. When buying a job lot, I'll hold control down and hammer out as many clicks as I need hypo's, while keeping my Inventory screen open so I can see the count.