Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 101 Typhoon?
01-10-2011, 04:34 AM
As much I appreciate this month edition of ask cryptic, but again, no word about the fate of the Typhoon Class battle cruiser...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 102
01-10-2011, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralBannon View Post
As much I appreciate this month edition of ask cryptic, but again, no word about the fate of the Typhoon Class battle cruiser...
Preferably a deep, dark hole. It looks like a lumpy measuring spoon and its nacelles are almost sinfully ugly (and what's with that 'double-barrel' thing?). I wish that it had gotten tossed out instead of the Jupiter, even.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 103
01-10-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
Preferably a deep, dark hole. It looks like a lumpy measuring spoon and its nacelles are almost sinfully ugly (and what's with that 'double-barrel' thing?). I wish that it had gotten tossed out instead of the Jupiter, even.
Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder. I find the Typhoon class IMHO quite nice. At least it is a new design, and none of these hundrets of years old retrofit mummies like the NX and Excelsior.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 104
01-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Preferably a deep, dark hole. It looks like a lumpy measuring spoon and its nacelles are almost sinfully ugly (and what's with that 'double-barrel' thing?). I wish that it had gotten tossed out instead of the Jupiter, even.
I must agree that the ship's design isn't particularly appealing, but I also wouldn't mind a bit if the ship was included. Give the people what they want, I say. The Jupiter would've been a funny thing to see kept. It is one funny lookin' ship.

I also have to agree with GeneralBannon. I would much rather see new ships than refits of the old, worn out designs. I don't mind having the same ship I had as a captain. I like my Intrepid. I just wish they would come up with new designs instead of recycling old ones.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 105
01-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errantis
I must agree that the ship's design isn't particularly appealing, but I also wouldn't mind a bit if the ship was included. Give the people what they want, I say. The Jupiter would've been a funny thing to see kept. It is one funny lookin' ship.

I also have to agree with GeneralBannon. I would much rather see new ships than refits of the old, worn out designs. I don't mind having the same ship I had as a captain. I like my Intrepid. I just wish they would come up with new designs instead of recycling old ones.
Well, but if you think about it, the game "could" be argued that it is in the "time frame" range of TNG, so some of the ships are still relevent. Now Im not a big fan of bringing back ships that were retired from active service(Constitution, NX model). Granted, the Excelsior and Miranda are old, but they are at the end of thier service. However, ships that should be included need to be added are simple: Rhode Island, Steamrunner, Norway, Achillies, and even create new ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 106
01-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrown24 View Post
Well, but if you think about it, the game "could" be argued that it is in the "time frame" range of TNG, so some of the ships are still relevent. Now Im not a big fan of bringing back ships that were retired from active service(Constitution, NX model). Granted, the Excelsior and Miranda are old, but they are at the end of thier service. However, ships that should be included need to be added are simple: Rhode Island, Steamrunner, Norway, Achillies, and even create new ships.
Agreed, and that's what I meant in recycling old ships. The Constitution class is worn out and done with. The NX model? Gimme a break.

I think the game would benefit from more newer ships and ship designs. Granted this would also go against my "more stuff, less fluff" attitude I've adopted, but the ships could be used for higher level players such as Admirals and Fleet Admirals (though I've already stated my opinion on these two ranks as well as Admirals in general).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 107 Water
01-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Another concern I've been having with ground controls (and really, this is purely cosmetic) is water. Lakes, ponds, oceans, that sort of thing. Why does water not splash and why, in the name of the Founders, does it not impede my movement? If there is any impedance, it's negligible at best. I'd like to see more water and all the hindrances and little nuances that come with it. Oh, and it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to crouch in water and not suffer drowning when my head is submerged.

Just more thoughts.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 108
01-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Errantis
Another concern I've been having with ground controls (and really, this is purely cosmetic) is water. Lakes, ponds, oceans, that sort of thing. Why does water not splash and why, in the name of the Founders, does it not impede my movement? If there is any impedance, it's negligible at best. I'd like to see more water and all the hindrances and little nuances that come with it. Oh, and it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to crouch in water and not suffer drowning when my head is submerged.

Just more thoughts.
Keep in mind, Season 4 is suppose to be a complete overhaul of the ground combat interface. No real specific details have been given, but I think that is due to the fact that Season 4 isnt to be released til April or May.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 109 ^_^
01-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Awesome! This game truly is turning out to be "More Like Trek". it may be only bit by bit, but so far every bit is in the right direction!

Can't wait to customize my sickbay, maybe even hire a chief medic!

I did have a question about the foundry though. you mentioned that in the future we may be able to build/design our own starbases, Is there any chance that we will see actual ST bases implemented? the ESD base is fine and all, but (to be frank) I was really expecting to see the classic "mushroom shaped" starbase found in so many star trek episodes, particularly the first few movies with Kirk. I love that starbases design, and hope it gets added/optional soon!

Thanks again for your continuing efforts, Cryptic/Atari!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 110
01-10-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace-Dreadnought View Post
Awesome! This game truly is turning out to be "More Like Trek". it may be only bit by bit, but so far every bit is in the right direction!

Can't wait to customize my sickbay, maybe even hire a chief medic!

I did have a question about the foundry though. you mentioned that in the future we may be able to build/design our own starbases, Is there any chance that we will see actual ST bases implemented? the ESD base is fine and all, but (to be frank) I was really expecting to see the classic "mushroom shaped" starbase found in so many star trek episodes, particularly the first few movies with Kirk. I love that starbases design, and hope it gets added/optional soon!

Thanks again for your continuing efforts, Cryptic/Atari!
SUPPOSEDLY, they are talking about doing something with the fleet starbases in Season 5. Really they havent said much more about which is really frustrating.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 PM.