1. Increase the level cap all you want, but please don't introduce Fleet Admiral as a rank that more than one player can hold. As far as we know, Starfleet follows United States Navy protocol in having only one Fleet Admiral and in using Fleet Admiral sparingly.
2. Player height: Your interiors are scaled for people taller than 6' on average. If I had to guess, I would say your interiors could easily accommodate a height of 10'. A captain smaller than 6' looks tiny.
3. I'm excited for the eventual ability to craft a retrofit for other ships. I really enjoy the Nova Class, and I would love to be able to fly it at higher levels with appropriate consoles.
4. On story arcs: Have some. Please? I enjoy story arcs in MMOs. I like to know what happens with characters I've interacted with in the past. LOTRO and WoW have both done this with some success, so it's nice to see you're considering it.
5. I hope you'll allow for a sensible Federation melee weapon, like a combat knife or stun baton. Exotic melee weapons are great, but I'd like to see something Starfleet standard issue, too.
6. Crew/NPC uniforms: This is good news. I understand the reasons for allowing Captains to customize their apparel (and bridge officer apparel), but I'd prefer to see NPCs looking like rank-and-file members of Starfleet.
Hey, DStahl, any chance you could actually answer some questions that aren't "oh, I love the game, and what you're doing is the greatest ever! Any chance you could do this, too?"
I mean, seriously. You never address PROBLEMS that STO has directly, and I know there are a lot more direct and pointed questions asked in the forums for these than the fluff softball questions you select to answer.
Every time you DO choose to answer a question about a problem STO has, you just say "we're working on it." Well, with all of the problems you're "working on," how do you have time to add all that shiny stuff to the C-store?
Honestly, its bad enough we got tons of 3 Star Admirals / Generals going around. I think the rank system needs to be revisited and maxed out at Captain, with a few rare exceptions of real Admirals (which could lets say unlocked like SWG's original Jedi concept).
Myself and three other fleet mates each had one of our questions asked. As for the rank increase, I believe they XP needed should be very great compared to what it is/was. VA 1 to VA 2 should be around 10k XP alone and then the next level like 15k or 20k XP. This would really slow down the progression of people up the ranks to FA. Just a thought but not anywhere near the current time. Hope ground combat turns out good in season 4.