Lt. Commander
# 1 Tricks for "the cure"
01-07-2011, 01:19 PM
It is possible to get competent pug together and finish cure in about 2 hours. I only ran through it once yet I was able to lead this team in a very respectable time frame. Follow these tips and you may find out how easy this stf can be

Bring single target repel/knock back weapons. Sniper rifles and fed typ 3 phaser rifles are golden
Bring hypos/shied charges/power cells of the large variety.
Bring a healer (preferably one that has a batleth)
For clearing gates: Don't engage borg node groups (only workers) for the 2nd and 3rd gates.
You can avoid all node groups if you position yourself carefully.
For Armek, have the science officer pull the boss to a wall and use melee to hold aggro; martial arts are fine here but a batleth is preferred. Keep your health topped off and you win.Don't pull aggro and stay out of melee (unless your the sci.)

The stfs have been nerfed hard, only thing between you and the borg gear is an unprepared group.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2011, 10:45 PM
And bump...because the people have a right to know
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2011, 11:01 PM
The good old no agrro with sci for tanking boss tactic. A classic. My fleet mates and I use it all the time. But a few things to add. For Armor for all use Energy Dampenging (except the sci for the boss portion, switch to poly alloy weave then). For shields go cap x3 (again, the sci should switch to cap x2 +regen upon preparing for the tanking of the boss). As far as kits go, Eng=Bunker, Tac=Grenade and Sci= Geophysicist for the transformer/gates portion when using no agroo tactic. Then the Sci switches to medic kit or borg medic kit and switches his/her weapon to a melee weapon...prefferably anti-borg bat'leth.