Lt. Commander
# 1 Costummer support
01-07-2011, 03:13 PM
Dear Cryptic entertainment,

I hope that by writing here on the forum I can reach some of you that actually think during work.

I know that customer support can be a highly annoying and perhaps boring job at times, I been in the customer support business and it drove me crazy at times as well. However I did tend to keep my brain at the the job so I at least could give them good answers they would understand and be happy with. Beside it allowed at times for some fun.

However In short time I had to create two support tickets for two totally different issues, normally I rarely make tickets, but some things can only be fixed that way. Anyway on ticket 1 I had a nice discussion with several of your stuff who kept missing the point I wanted to make clear, so here it is again.

If you want all signatures on these forums to be max 5 lines of length there is a very simple solution. Edit the setting to allow max 5 lines and you are done, no need for a rule and thus enforcement of this rule. Save you man power and makes things a lot more clear for those who rarely ever read the guidelines it is clear as well, seeing now they can create a 10 line signature and the system says it is perfectly fine.

Second ticket was about some missing item blah blah, the ticket gave a clear view of the problem and the questions I had about it. The response I get from the support staff is: "Is the name of the items really *item name* Or is it something else?"

That reply really stunned me, oke it is not the most common of items, but it was correctly spelled so if he really wanted to know even a copy and paste in google could have made it clear if he didn't know the item. Not to mention the ticket I made clearly stated where the item was from and where I should be able to find it.

So I do not know what is needed, you seem to have enough staff seeing the response times are great compared to most other MMOs these days, but perhaps a motivational team meeting, or party outside the doors would help?

O and I love to have a feature for when you do get a helpful reply you can send them a tank you message, it does a lot of good to a person if he knows his help was appreciated. As I am certain I just had 2 cases of bad luck and most tickets will be answered quite well.

Sincerely,

Liandras
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2011, 03:16 PM
youre really pushing that signature nonsense are you?

oh and the whole main post nicely written but the title. i just had to lol
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2011, 03:17 PM
On the forums that I've admined, there is not a way to set a line limit on signstures. You can only set a character limit. Most likely, Cryptic is limited by whatever forum software that is powering the board.

Really though, why is this such a big deal?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
On the forums that I've admined, there is not a way to set a line limit on signstures. You can only set a character limit. Most likely, Cryptic is limited by whatever forum software that is powering the board.

Really though, why is this such a big deal?
Forum I adminned allowed the edit for max lines, but the main thing here is how they respond missing what I was saying, they kept acting as if I was saying they break the rules so can I. Something I didn't mean at all and made very clear in my last ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
Forum I adminned allowed the edit for max lines, but the main thing here is how they respond missing what I was saying, they kept acting as if I was saying they break the rules so can I. Something I didn't mean at all and made very clear in my last ticket.
Youre obsessed. let it go. let it go...
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
Youre obsessed. let it go. let it go...
I was to till I got a GM asking me if the item I said was missing if it was really that item and not something else.

1: Item name was correctly spelled
2: ticket said clearly why I should have the item
3: ticket clearly stated where I should be able to get this item from

If I say I miss a weapon, I miss a weapon and not a shield or a piece of hull plating.