Lt. Commander
I know I am not alone when I say the Cure is too long and seems to have been made even more difficult.
This thread is for those who feel that The Cure needs modifying and to highlight to Cryptic that us, the paying customer is requesting changes. Please if you agree put a short but polite statement. I don't want to kick off a debate on this thread (we can open a new one for that) I just feel that if we had a yard stick, we could chase the developers with something tangible.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Armek needs some fixing, as well as the Borg respawning when they are not supposed to.

Other than that, this STF is fine. You just need to work out a strategy and stick to it to get through. HD weapons are your best friend for those pesky transformers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-07-2011, 05:56 PM
All the borg STF's work great for me and the players I run with... what's not to love?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-07-2011, 06:27 PM
If you would have asked this question two months ago I would have agreed. I spent about that long before I finally completed it the first time. All the reasons that cause failure seemed to follow the teams I was on up to that point.

1: Mission ending bugs.
2: People needing to leave after upwards to 6+ hours of play
3: People getting frustrated and leaving
4: Too many chefs
5: People without the right weapons, hypos, shields...
6: Any combonation of the above

Then finally I finished it with a good team. Yes the bugs remain but now at this point this mission has become as manageable as Infected is and quite easy to do.

Yes the bugs and issues remain, and the bugs really stink. But the mission can be done and done in a couple of hours or less if you are lucky.

I do however agree a redisign of the missions would and is needed to make them more enjoyable. More save points, spawn points, less trash mobs and more interesting goals, etc.

Now I struggle with KA. If you start a poll for that one, I'm on board!
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Nope I dissagree I think it is great the way it is. The STFs are ment to be a challenge and the Cure is the best at the challenge. Because I have learned a few tricks at how to accomplish the Cure I can get through it pretty quickly I have even run the whole chain in a single sitting and it was a blast.

I will agree that there are some bugs that the Devs are working on fixing but the over all scope of the mission is perfect!
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
Nope I dissagree I think it is great the way it is. The STFs are ment to be a challenge and the Cure is the best at the challenge. Because I have learned a few tricks at how to accomplish the Cure I can get through it pretty quickly I have even run the whole chain in a single sitting and it was a blast.

I will agree that there are some bugs that the Devs are working on fixing but the over all scope of the mission is perfect!
I think the bugs need to be fixed before assessing whether it's great the way it is.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-07-2011, 07:36 PM
I lead a pug today that has not been there before, myself only running through it once on va. We were lucky in that the only bug we experienced was the "borg_beamin" typo. Run it on RA, you'll have a better time and there is no penalties on loot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-07-2011, 07:38 PM
we did it last night in 1 hour 11 minutes.....I had one hour 25 mins to play last night.......I was content.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Fix the Bugs! (there are atleast 2 current threads listing them)

Leave the Challenge!
Lt. Commander
# 10 I Agree
01-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Its to hard and takes to long