Lt. Commander
# 1 is terradome doable now?
01-07-2011, 08:15 PM
any experienced people want to help me through it? I read the latest feedback thread which stopped at december 18th and it doesn't seem as if many people even attempt this mission anymore due to bugs and sulu and engineer part.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-07-2011, 08:17 PM
wow and they've added failure timers...to extremely difficut mission. Hands up if you have ever completed the space part on undine without dying once.

Winning by attrition = bad design, even if it's hard there should be a way/strategy that does not require you to die.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2011, 03:04 PM
people are saying the terradome is broken now. i experienced last nigh that console one would not hack and we defended it forever, all the rest hacked. also noted the 'console' moved from in the corner where the 'engineer' was typing.

im afraid the stf bugs arent stuf bugs, they are bugs inherent to cryptics mission maker, such as that we see on foundry with all the ground combat shooting through walls bug.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-11-2011, 04:20 AM
It IS broken. Do NOT attempt it!

It "can" be done, by an extremely competent team doing everything right on first try.... AND is having all the luck in the world with them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-15-2011, 06:53 AM
Our fleet did it last night and it went well. It just takes ALOT of time and patience. We made it to the Sulu room but just ran out of time. If Sulu dies you start out back at trial of janus.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
It IS broken. Do NOT attempt it!

It "can" be done, by an extremely competent team doing everything right on first try.... AND is having all the luck in the world with them.
This

I've beaten it before and I know how to beat it, but it's a long process that you probably wont do in one night. I don't even have full confidence in my own tactics either because I honestly think luck played more of a part than tactics.

The boss part, to me, is really the only difficult part and I think it's very bugged. The first thing we did was take out ALL of the incubators and undine on top, because even if you do manage to beat the boss they'll swarm you. Kill of the undine on the ground as well, just completely clear out the room without touching sulu. After that, you start rifle butting the Sulus until the boss appears.

DPS is the key to beating him, that means try to have a team of at least 3 tacs (All if you can) and load up on large power cells before starting the mission. But once he starts getting towards 50% health let your power cells cool down and save them for when he gets to 50%, once he gets below that 50% mark then give it everything you got (without drones or security teams or anything like that though).

Try to flank him as much as possible, do not call security teams or any kind of dps support though because it will attack the Sulus.

The luck lies in whether or not the real sulu will be killed in the process.

Someone else might have a better tactic and it probably did work, but out of everything I've read online and all the advice I got from players in game, this worked the best - only because it actually worked. But I honestly think this mission completely depends on luck, you need strategy of course but whether sulu stays alive or not is all on luck.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
This

I've beaten it before and I know how to beat it, but it's a long process that you probably wont do in one night. I don't even have full confidence in my own tactics either because I honestly think luck played more of a part than tactics.

The boss part, to me, is really the only difficult part and I think it's very bugged. The first thing we did was take out ALL of the incubators and undine on top, because even if you do manage to beat the boss they'll swarm you. Kill of the undine on the ground as well, just completely clear out the room without touching sulu. After that, you start rifle butting the Sulus until the boss appears.

DPS is the key to beating him, that means try to have a team of at least 3 tacs (All if you can) and load up on large power cells before starting the mission. Try to flank him as much as possible, do not call security teams or any kind of dps support though because it will attack the Sulus.

The luck lies in whether or not the real sulu will be killed in the process.

Someone else might have a better tactic and it probably did work, but out of everything I've read online and all the advice I got from players in game, this worked the best - only because it actually worked. But I honestly think this mission completely depends on luck, you need strategy of course but whether sulu stays alive or not is all on luck.

The reason Dassem is saying do not attempt is because of all the bugs. The coin flips take to long. The undine sometimes one shot in the back the engineers. Its just too many things that can ruin the mission real quick. This mission could literally take multiple days to finish. Him and I are same fleet. Him and 4 other regular stf runners attempted it 4 weeks ago and after 3 hours they gave up. The sulu room is too much to chance. He's only trying to spare this other player the agony of defeat and the possibly ragequit of the other STF's from this one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrykerV
The reason Dassem is saying do not attempt is because of all the bugs. The coin flips take to long. The undine sometimes one shot in the back the engineers. Its just too many things that can ruin the mission real quick. This mission could literally take multiple days to finish. Him and I are same fleet. Him and 4 other regular stf runners attempted it 4 weeks ago and after 3 hours they gave up. The sulu room is too much to chance. He's only trying to spare this other player the agony of defeat and the possibly ragequit of the other STF's from this one.
I couldn't agree more, I never really had problems with the coin flippers or anything though, my real problem was at the end. I was just providing a strategy just in case this person is willing to deal with the excruciating frustration of it all.