Lt. Commander
# 21
01-08-2011, 03:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Having a massive open PvP raid of Klingon on Fed would be great for the following reasons:
  • we can replace ESD, with the mushroom station.
  • this can serve as the introduction and impetus for players to try a brand new open pvp sector with warzones, meaningful C&H (for rewards), and more.
  • we need more in-game events.
Yes, if they would just give us the talk to the PVP contact to warp to fight at ether at ESD or Qo'nos on Tribble. They could see how we like it and they could see if they like it. Ways to improve it or they could just leave it on Tribble. We could get some open PVP it would seem meaningful and it would seem like a war if you were in a battle at Qo'nos on ether side.

I hope they do have an event when we get the new ESD that will be epic.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-08-2011, 03:50 AM
Quote:
Raids on Qo'nos or ESD should be special events - with raids on smaller stations (like the ones in Eta Eridani) being more frequent.

I would imagine when ESD has a "changing of the guard" for the Movie/TNG design, we'll get a proper invasion event - much like close of beta.
I understand that it would be kinda silly to allow this to happen whenever possible. However, I have a solution to this.

I submitted an Idea once for a mid level STF available at commander where you were contacted and instructed to gather a group of 5 and report to the holodeck on ESD/Qo'nos. Once there you were informed of a plan to raid ESD/Qo'nos and that a simulation had been set up in the holodeck to test out a new strategy for such a raid. Your team was to enter the holodeck and carry out the plan to see how plausible such a raid would be.

No what we don't realize is that a FED/KDF spy had intercepted these plans and learned that a holodeck simulation of them had been planned. This spy had, under orders, successfully introduced a virus to the holomatrix.

Within the simulation we are given an armada of ships controlled by NPCs (but not holograms. These NPC are living people commanding their own ship and part of the test run) and during the first stage of the push Towards ESD/Qo'nos, an NPC ship is destroyed, and all crew is lost. It is at this time we learn they have died for real and that all safety protocols have been disabled by a virus that had been introduced, and in a typical Holodeck goes crazy Trek fashion, we have to finish the program to its end in order to end the program and exit.

This would allow a raid of 5 or 10 players (if they introduce that option) to participate in a raid on ESD/Qo'nos anytime, in a way that makes complete sense and is actually pretty "TREK".

Edit: although this would not be PVP but PVE.... not sure how to set something like this up as a holodeck PVP map.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-08-2011, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
Yes, if they would just give us the talk to the PVP contact to warp to fight at ether at ESD or Qo'nos on Tribble. They could see how we like it and they could see if they like it. Ways to improve it or they could just leave it on Tribble. We could get some open PVP it would seem meaningful and it would seem like a war if you were in a battle at Qo'nos on ether side.

I hope they do have an event when we get the new ESD that will be epic.
Epic Mega-List of Dstahl Quotes on a New ESD:
Ask and ye shall receive:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We were talking today about turning it into a new Fleet Action for Season 4 so the KDF can have a glorious attack on Earth (I mean if they can make it to SB 24, and then Utopia Planetia - how much longer till they blow up ESD??). The Feds need better defenses if they expect to protect Earth!
Quote:
Quote:
As I see it, the fleet action needs to be repeatable, so, the 25th century ESD can't be wholly destroyed. However, I could see Klingon raids attacking it and rendering it in a position where it was disabled and in repair, with subsequent lingon raids continuing to ruin the repair effort and battering it like starbase 24.

With the STO ESD mostly disabled, Starfleet could stop using ESD for its administrative functions and rollback to the ST3 spacedock.
I like the way you think!
Quote:
Qo'Nos is definitely getting a redesign at the same time we do the ESD interior. It needs it more than ESD does.
Quote:
The current interior will be positioned in the stem of the mushroom. If and when we add the interior docking bay viewing lounge it will be on a floor above the current ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-08-2011, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikoy
I understand that it would be kinda silly to allow this to happen whenever possible. However, I have a solution to this.

I submitted an Idea once for a mid level STF available at commander where you were contacted and instructed to gather a group of 5 and report to the holodeck on ESD/Qo'nos. Once there you were informed of a plan to raid ESD/Qo'nos and that a simulation had been set up in the holodeck to test out a new strategy for such a raid. Your team was to enter the holodeck and carry out the plan to see how plausible such a raid would be.

No what we don't realize is that a FED/KDF spy had intercepted these plans and learned that a holodeck simulation of them had been planned. This spy had, under orders, successfully introduced a virus to the holomatrix.

Within the simulation we are given an armada of ships controlled by NPCs (but not holograms. These NPC are living people commanding their own ship and part of the test run) and during the first stage of the push Towards ESD/Qo'nos, an NPC ship is destroyed, and all crew is lost. It is at this time we learn they have died for real and that all safety protocols have been disabled by a virus that had been introduced, and in a typical Holodeck goes crazy Trek fashion, we have to finish the program to its end in order to end the program and exit.

This would allow a raid of 5 or 10 players (if they introduce that option) to participate in a raid on ESD/Qo'nos anytime, in a way that makes complete sense and is actually pretty "TREK".
Yes, the holodeck is a great way to describe it. You talk to the PVP contact and he gives you the option to a simulated battle at Qo'nos or ESD.

If you go through the PVP contact there is almost no chance that people who don't want to PVP can get in there by mistake. I would think anyway, this is a great idea to get us open PVP in areas already in existence.

Just put a few tough NPC's in with Quinn and you have some options for great PVP.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Yes, the holodeck is a great way to describe it. You talk to the PVP contact and he gives you the option to a simulated battle at Qo'nos or ESD.

If you go through the PVP contact there is almost no chance that people who don't want to PVP can get in there by mistake. I would think anyway, this is a great idea to get us open PVP in areas already in existence.

Just put a few tough NPC's in with Quinn and you have some options for great PVP.
That could be training for the raid on holodecks leading up to the actual, live Open pvP invasion (which would be forced for the day it occurs).
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-08-2011, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Epic Mega-List of Dstahl Quotes on a New ESD:
Ask and ye shall receive:
I really like those post. I have always thought it would be great to have some fleet actions with PVP in them. Just let the players choose PVP fleet actions or normal.

Like in breaking the planet the Klingons would defend the mines the the shield generators. Then if they took the beam in site on the last stage they win.

The big dig both would fight the Romulans and each other a race to win.

In DS9 under seige would just replace Cardassians with Klingons they mounted an attack on DS9. The Fed's have to retake it.

Starbase 24 would just be epic for either side.

This is another way to get more open PVP. They need to try a couple of these ideas on Tribble to see how the players and they like it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-08-2011, 04:27 AM
Quote:
I really like those post. I have always thought it would be great to have some fleet actions with PVP in them. Just let the players choose PVP fleet actions or normal.

Like in breaking the planet the Klingons would defend the mines the the shield generators. Then if they took the beam in site on the last stage they win.

The big dig both would fight the Romulans and each other a race to win.

In DS9 under seige would just replace Cardassians with Klingons they mounted an attack on DS9. The Fed's have to retake it.

Starbase 24 would just be epic for either side.

This is another way to get more open PVP. They need to try a couple of these ideas on Tribble to see how the players and they like it.
Did you realize the developers created a giant Rura Penthe Ground Map?
Did you realize it hasn't been used for a mission yet?

(to add to what you were actually saying, I think the new instance finder should have PvP and PvE versions of the Fleet Actions)
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-08-2011, 04:29 AM
Didn't Dstahl also mention that he would like to one day see the foundry also be used to make PVP maps? Or was I just dreaming that?

Edit:

Rura Penthe Ground Map drooooooooooool
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-08-2011, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Did you realize the developers created a giant Rura Penthe Ground Map?
Did you realize it hasn't been used for a mission yet?

(to add to what you were actually saying, I think the new instance finder should have PvP and PvE versions of the Fleet Actions)
No I didn't know they made the Prison moon map. We also have have places like Risa, Andoria and Vulcan that could be used as open PVP maps. Just let players warp to the PVP verisons through the PVP contact.

I would love PVP version of fleet maps. This could be answer to get people interested in fleet actions again.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-08-2011, 04:52 AM
Rura Pentha prison breaks sounds like fun. You can do a lot with it like break out prisoners for ether side. Let some Klingons choose to defend the prison for PVP mini games. So either faction could try and rescue NPC's from real players defending.

Prison break fleet actions for both sides. I can't wait to see what they do with it.