Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
Exactly my point. We're already in Jan, and the schedule hasnt been made. Thats kind of strange for a business.
Hello there was a holiday there guys when ever you lose a bunch of people outa the office stuff gets behind. also i do believe that they probably know whats going on just haven't gotten around to tell in us.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
Are you serious?

No really, are you serious?

THIS is what you create a thread about? Hassling Cryptic about a calander update? Really?

Why is it, that so many people in these forums seem so en****led, self important, and presumtuous. THAT is disturbing. It's just like those lovely people that refuse to cooperate when a cop pulls them over... then starts YELLING at the cop, "You can't arrest me, I am a taxpayer... I pay your salary!!!".
have to agree Its called holy-er than thou syndrome. lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-08-2011, 09:38 AM
They should at least update the main page. If I'm a prospective subscriber and I see that the main page is still boasting events from November and December, I may think twice. As a player, I want to have as many people playing this game with me as possible, so I can see why this bothers some.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
And this is why some companies, such as Blizzard, do not give any dates. I remember the one time they had a release date for a promotional item, there was a problem and the item had to be delayed. Three weeks later, it was finally released. To my knowledge, the item is still bugged.
Yeah that is my thinking too, people whinge and whine when something is not released on the date it is scheduled, and that is an understatement.

I thought I heard Cryptic say a while back that it's why they don't give out hard dates anymore, and things are released when they are happy with it rather than something rushed to be released on a certain date just to keep the masses happy that they can wear their now buggy TMP uniform that glows bright pink on Andorians over the height of 5ft....

Sure it would be nice to hear when they expect something to come out, getting an idea on what's next would be nice, but with this crowd on the forums I understand why they don't.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
Are you serious?

THIS is what you create a thread about? Hassling Cryptic about a calander update? Really?
Are you serious?

THIS is what you post a reply about? Hassling the OP because of this thread? Really?

See how foolish your "logic" is?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
Exactly my point. We're already in Jan, and the schedule hasnt been made. Thats kind of strange for a business.
actually it's not strange for a business. Believe me, I deal with those type of people ALL the time, where I work.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-08-2011, 10:10 AM
Yes, they do know what their schedule is in January, pending unexpected changes. As StormShade noted, Rekhan is responsible for the schedule.

Dan's also made it plainly clear that part of his responsibility is to have a work schedule for the game down to the day and the minute.

So yes, Cryptic certainly does know what their own schedule is for January. I look forward to it being made publicly available soon. It would be very disappointing if it weren't available by the end of next week - but really, there's plenty to get to during the first week after a long holiday (and illness).
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-08-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Their focus has shifted from delivery date first to quality and stability first. Since they are likely to miss dates by a few days, or even a week or two, the calendar doesn't help anyone very much right now.
Thats all well and good, but if thats the case then the calender should be retired rather than sitting around out of date.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Thats all well and good, but if thats the case then the calender should be retired rather than sitting around out of date.
Agrees, for the first time, with the Grand Nagus.

However, they really should keep it because it makes them accountable to us.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-08-2011, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
Are you serious?

THIS is what you post a reply about? Hassling the OP because of this thread? Really?

See how foolish your "logic" is?
Your right, I just have to remember that this forum is chock full of adolescents, and trying to rationalize with them is foolish. Thank you for helping me to prove my point.

I have 4 kids... I really should know better.