Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
01-08-2011, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
Are you serious?

No really, are you serious?

THIS is what you create a thread about? Hassling Cryptic about a calander update? Really?

Why is it, that so many people in these forums seem so en****led, self important, and presumtuous. THAT is disturbing. It's just like those lovely people that refuse to cooperate when a cop pulls them over... then starts YELLING at the cop, "You can't arrest me, I am a taxpayer... I pay your salary!!!".
Quote:
Your right, I just have to remember that this forum is chock full of adolescents, and trying to rationalize with them is foolish. Thank you for helping me to prove my point.

I have 4 kids... I really should know better.
Even though I agree with how you feel, that doesnt change the fact that your posts are flaming and only likely to get you in trouble. But maybe your fine with that.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Let's also remember that the schedule they're working on isn't the one they're going to post on the site.

Details the February 1-year anniversary will probably need to be excluded from the calendar (i.e. the schedule they're operating with is more specific than the site needs and dstahl needs to comb through and determine what should be shared with us and what's not quite ready to be shared).

Even the weekly series tends to be announced with back-end support like the Featured Episodes page (which is probably being worked on right now).

Relax.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Even though I agree with how you feel, that doesnt change the fact that your posts are flaming and only likely to get you in trouble. But maybe your fine with that.
Funny enough, I have recieved about 10+ infractions just for standing up and calling BULLS**T on Cryptic bashing, millitant Klingons, and general troublemakers. I feel like the 'batman' of the forums, and Cryptic is my Gotham City. Also, just like batman, I end up getting chased by 'the cops' quite often. LOL
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-08-2011, 01:17 PM
To OP:
Yes, Cryptic does have things planned well in advance. In fact, we heard most of their plans last month, before the holidays.

We'll know more Monday or Tuesday with the schedule for the Engineering Report.
Quote:
Funny enough, I have recieved about 10+ infractions just for standing up and calling BULLS**T on Cryptic bashing, millitant Klingons, and general troublemakers. I feel like the 'batman' of the forums, and Cryptic is my Gotham City. Also, just like batman, I end up getting chased by 'the cops' quite often. LOL
You need more gravel in your voice.

Likkkke tttttthis - nnnno one ccccan kkkknow itttt's yyyou!
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-08-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
When you learn how to call it out without breaking the rules then you'll really be impressive. But it takes time to hone that skill
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by James.T.Picard
As well know, the events calender is out of date. For anyone isnt aware, this isnt some time consuming thing to do; it only takes as much time as it takes to type in the notes. That being the case, it seems that either someone is too lazy to take the couple mins to do it(which I doubt), or Cryptic doesnt even know what their own schedule is going to be for Jan yet. Thats pretty disturbing
It's posts like this that show the real wisdom behind companies like Valve and Blizzard, whose only reply whenever it comes to future content is either "No comment" or "It'll be ready when it's ready" - give the fanbase a courtesy, they come to expect it as a matter of course, and even get demanding when the courtesy is delayed even a little bit, whatever else is going on be damned.

Some out there wonder why STO's fanbase has the very poor Unpleasable reputation it has - well, posts like this one are a prime example The reports and the calendar are a COURTESY, not a right as you seem to think. Bee glad that Cryptic provides one at all, rather than complaining that it hasn't been updated in a bit. Go take a look at Cryptic's company profile over at LinkedIn, then ask yourself if tht's treally enough people to support two ful.y-functional MMOs, much less enough to do so, plan out new features, AND write reports so that people such as yourself can complain about what's in 'em, or how poor something is before it even hits Tribble.

Ye Ghods, if I was running the company and the people using my company started acting line that, I'd discontinue the lot of 'em - the calendar, the Engineering Reports, ALL of it and start using Valve's model just to spite ya. Be glad DStahl's bigger than that.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callasan View Post
Some out there wonder why STO's fanbase has the very poor Unpleasable reputation it has - well, posts like this one are a prime example The reports and the calendar are a COURTESY, not a right as you seem to think. Bee glad that Cryptic provides one at all, rather than complaining that it hasn't been updated in a bit. Go take a look at Cryptic's company profile over at LinkedIn, then ask yourself if tht's treally enough people to support two ful.y-functional MMOs, much less enough to do so, plan out new features, AND write reports so that people such as yourself can complain about what's in 'em, or how poor something is before it even hits Tribble.
But without people like the OP posting threads like this, what would YOU have to complain about?
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
But without people like the OP posting threads like this, what would YOU have to complain about?
Nothing then, and my blood pressure would be a bit lower. Don't ya know that forums are Srs Bzns?

Seriously, I'd be just fine without all these over-entitled nits coming on here and stirring things up with their short-sightedness. Again, if I was in DSTahl's position, I'd discontinue the Engineering Reports, the Ask Cryptic, AND the Calendar just to spite 'em. Glad I'm not though - I developed a strong stomach working customer support for over 20 years (1st-level computer field technician), and the calloused attitude to go with it - and these nits wouldn't like what ELSE I'd do to 'em, either