Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I completed one of the Deferi missions on my KDF and Molly starts talking about Gowron.

How can this be possible?

Isn't he dead?
Worf killed him in battle and put Martok in his place!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
I completed one of the Deferi missions on my KDF and Molly starts talking about Gowron.

How can this be possible?

Isn't he dead?
Worf killed him in battle and put Martok in his place!
He still was Chancellor at one time, and people haven't forgotten him.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-08-2011, 06:30 PM
Yeah, Kahless died what 1500 years ago (in the ST Universe); yet those Klingons NEVER stop talking about him.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Well he is Kahless the Unforgettable.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-08-2011, 07:55 PM
Did anyone else think Gowron looked completely disproportionate? Like he had tiny little eyes and all his facial features were all scrunched in too close together... yet he had an ENOURMOUS cranium. Ever time I saw him, I couldnt take him seriously because he was so goofy looking.

Now MARTOK was a Klingon. Whenever I think of a powerful, honorable, 'token' Klingon warrior... I think of General Martok.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
Now MARTOK was a Klingon. Whenever I think of a powerful, honorable, 'token' Klingon warrior... I think of General Martok.
Except that his first appeance was as a founder infiltrator. The first time he was seen in the flesh was in a Dominion prison. Not a very honorable fate for a Samurai wannabe. (Japanese culture is what Next Generation era Klingons were modeled on.) :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treagersama View Post
Did anyone else think Gowron looked completely disproportionate? Like he had tiny little eyes and all his facial features were all scrunched in too close together... yet he had an ENOURMOUS cranium.
Tiny eyes? They were so huge I thought they were gonna burst out of his face the moment someone calls him petaQ. :p

But yeah, Martok ftw.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
He still was Chancellor at one time, and people haven't forgotten him.
Well, the way Molly was talking, it was like he personally gave the order to attack the Breen in Deferi space.

Although, she may have been referring to the events of Deep Space Nine, when he was throwing KDF at the Breen nonstop.

Considering he wasn't doing that with honorable motives however (he was trying to tarnish Martok's reputation), I wouldn't have credited him with any great strategic knowledge or an honorable memory.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-09-2011, 08:17 AM
gowron has been dead for a while.
but yes, the actor that played him was awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-09-2011, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post
Well, the way Molly was talking, it was like he personally gave the order to attack the Breen in Deferi space.
The text might have been unclear then, I suppose. Knowing that Gowron was dead, I naturally assumed they refered to an earlier event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Tiny eyes? They were so huge I thought they were gonna burst out of his face
Yeah, the first time I saw him on TNG, I thought his eyes made him look a little mad. And it was him that became the new chancellor!