Lt. Commander
# 1 Guramba availability
01-08-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm a little confused by the Ask Cryptic response. Are they still working on having it redeemable by those of us that participated in the RAF (same way I got my Galaxy X) AND the emblem/cstore? Or is the focus now ONLY for the emblem/cstore?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2011, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixSS View Post
I'm a little confused by the Ask Cryptic response. Are they still working on having it redeemable by those of us that participated in the RAF (same way I got my Galaxy X) AND the emblem/cstore? Or is the focus now ONLY for the emblem/cstore?
I'd assume emblem/c-store. And if they don't intend to lower the price, it'll probably be a lot of emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Alright, so what I take away from the Ask Cryptic is that they WERE working on getting available like the Galaxy X RAF program, but no longer. It will now ONLY be available via C-store OR emblem purchase ingame.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixSS View Post
Alright, so what I take away from the Ask Cryptic is that they WERE working on getting available like the Galaxy X RAF program, but no longer. It will now ONLY be available via C-store OR emblem purchase ingame.
That's correct. (Misread the post when I first replied) - he wants to make it available via eblems if the people above him will allow it. You never know though, they may do both, but DStahl is really pushing for the Eblem route first and foremost.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-11-2011, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axterix
I'd assume emblem/c-store. And if they don't intend to lower the price, it'll probably be a lot of emblems.
Correct, on both accounts.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-13-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm just adding my 2ec here, but isn't it slightly unfair to offer the Guramba via emblems? The Guramba is like the Galaxy X, which Federation players either payed the 2,000CP for or completed the RAF program. If the Guramba will be available via Emblems, wouldn't it make sense for the Galaxy X to be available via emblems as well?

If so, doesn't that slap those who already paid the 2,000 CP (or completed the RAF) in the face?
If not, isn't that unfair to the fed players in general?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-13-2011, 02:17 PM
I think you may have a point... because I feel it is unfair for the Klingon players who had recruited 5 or more people and we were promised a Klingon Referral ship at the time which ended up being the Galaxy X.

After claiming the vessel on the KDF side we were asked by the GMs to delete it afterward because of a bug/exploit and that we couldn't own cross faction ships.

So yea....I think it is unfair also....I am still waiting for a Klingon referral ship.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-14-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
I'm just adding my 2ec here, but isn't it slightly unfair to offer the Guramba via emblems? The Guramba is like the Galaxy X, which Federation players either payed the 2,000CP for or completed the RAF program. If the Guramba will be available via Emblems, wouldn't it make sense for the Galaxy X to be available via emblems as well?

If so, doesn't that slap those who already paid the 2,000 CP (or completed the RAF) in the face?
If not, isn't that unfair to the fed players in general?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart_SS View Post
I think you may have a point... because I feel it is unfair for the Klingon players who had recruited 5 or more people and we were promised a Klingon Referral ship at the time which ended up being the Galaxy X.

After claiming the vessel on the KDF side we were asked by the GMs to delete it afterward because of a bug/exploit and that we couldn't own cross faction ships.

So yea....I think it is unfair also....I am still waiting for a Klingon referral ship.
Now on the topic of fairness...

Isn't it unfair that we pay $15 dollars a month to play this game while people in Africa are slaving away for a dollar a day?

To make it fair, Cryptic should charge Africa a 1 cent monthly fee so that they too can enjoy this wonderful game

But then if we charge them a cent, then it is just fair that we too only pay a cent.
I mean, I sure do not want to pay more that the next guy... lol

To summarized my sarcasm I feel sorry for Cryptic who has to put up with all of us whiners (including me) who complain about stuff not being fair.
Even when one thing gets fix another becomes unfair.

I hope the Guramba goes for a price that will at least make those who already pay for it feel good about the money they spent (like OH MY G@$... I am glad I pay for it because it will take me less time to make that kind of money than to grind for that long to pay for it with emblems.)

Just my 2 cents on fairness
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-14-2011, 08:33 AM
Cryptic is a capitalist company and can decide on weather or not to be fair. My simple point is I (and perhaps a few others) don't feel it is fair, or maybe in better terms, good business practice to throw the Guramba out via Emblems. As a consumer of Cryptic's goods, I just wanted to hand feedback that what they are thinking about doing could be harmful to their consumer base by driving a wedge further into it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Did you know what I just realize.

The Canadian Dollar is now above the American Dollar... so every Canadian who bought the Guramba actually pay even more for it...

Anyways...

Mathematically speaking if the 1,200 CP = 500 Emblems then 2,000 CP = 833 Emblems (or something like that.)

Or if for Mars of Exploration... 1,200 CP = 200 MoE so then 2,000 CP = 333 MoE.

But then again...

One Canadian Dollar isn't always = 1 USD