Lt. Commander
# 11 STO Tryout -- Hello, Goodbye
01-09-2011, 06:44 AM
I do agree with you on the whole "ranters" out in the realm of sto...

I hardly really speak to anyone, even giving some simple help tips i got trolled by some other member as he thought he owned the "rules" for the game... I was like hang on a min shush I'm being helpful to someone else not you...

It sad enough as it is with the amount of negativity in there without trollers who take a pop at someone being helpful..

I'm quite patient with newb's and will answer anything to the best of my knowledge and even have some people add me as friends on here because I was kind and helpful..

Anyone who trolls at me for no good reason gets blocked end of... I come here to enjoy and relax not get stressy hormonal kirk wannabe's having a go... all becasue Sol Star base is the next left at 200yrds LOL

Matey if you decide to continue or come back to sto gimme a shout as I'd gladly like to play alongside someone like you anyday. "thats what it's all about"
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-09-2011, 06:44 AM
Hi, For me this is my first MMO mainly i always objected to paying to play on a monthly basis,

But with STO its different i have been and always shall be a trekkie, Every trek game ever made i have played STO since the day it released, I'm now saving up for a lifetime subscription. I haven't experienced any of the problems you have maybe it because i don't hang around in zone chat and just chat to friends and fleet buddys.

I love this game and everything about it, Sure it has its faults but as i understand it most MMOs have problems at the start.

The only reason i can see for this game failing is if those decent passionate players like yourself leave.

If everyone of the decent players gives up and leaves all that will be left is the flamers and idiots that you found spoiling your game experience. Join a fleet chat with like minded people and see what this game really has to offer.

I'm online most nights (GMT) come and join me for some missions and/or chat.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris_Carter View Post
Forget about Zonechat. Here is a 7-Step Guide how to enjoy STO in a social manner.

1) Dismiss Zone-Chat from your Tabs
2) Browse the Fleet-Index for a suitable and active fleet of your choice
3) Apply to join this fleet
4) Meanwhile check out their site (if they have any)
5) Make friends within the fleet
6) Share and use ressources
7) Enjoy the game!
Was about to post the same thing after reading the 1st post.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-09-2011, 06:57 AM
I honestly cannot say I have had many negative experience outside of PvP zone chat, which can be rather..."amusing". Sorry to hear you are having a bad time.

Like someone else said, joining a fleet is the best decision you can make. If I weren't in a fleet, I probably wouldn't be playing the game still.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-09-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm kinda surprised, I rarely hear people bashing the game in ESD zone chat. I don't know, maybe I've just always been on at good times.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-09-2011, 08:28 AM
The ESD bashing of STO went on around 7:30 Eastern last night. Its kind of sad when people lose hope in a franchise so good. And the mindless comparing to WoW, Swtor, and Eve has ****ed me off to no end. I've never played any of those games, STO is my first MMORPG. but still It gets annoying. I hope to have lifetime soon as well. <3
Lt. Commander
# 17 Yowza
01-09-2011, 08:34 AM
Sorry to hear about your poor experience. TBH, STO has, in my experience, one of the kindest and most giving communities out there. There will always be the sort of "fringe element" that are trollers and bashers, but my experience with the community has largely been very positive.

Best of luck,
@samsa1979
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-09-2011, 10:51 AM
I am guild/fleetless and have been since beta and I know the zone chat can be rather harsh at times but I have never seen it as negative as you described. infact I have had quite the opposite experience.

In WoW when I first started out i asked a question and everyone in SW heckled me and put me down for being a noob. Flash foreward a few years I had a lvl 80 Paladin and knew the game inside and out, I asked a question about reputation in Northrend and everyone in Dalaran heckled and put me down for being a noob.

My first day of STO in beta I asked a question and seven people whispered me with amazingly helpful advice.

So yes I see the haters out there now but when I ask a question I still get people giving a good and helpful answer which I rarely if ever got in WOW.

I appologize on behalf of the greater community of STO that disuaded your decision to play this game and offer this to you. I will answer any questions to the best of my ability to do so and will never heckle/put you down.... Also I generally have a posative outlook on life so most all of my responses will probably be the furthest thing from negative.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-09-2011, 10:54 AM
I came from WoW as well, and I really haven't found anywhere near as much trolling that WoW has. I have been enjoying sto quite a bit more then wow, don't know if its the change of pace....the playability or what. But I like my new home. (just needs some more content )

Sorry that you met a bunch of jerks, hope to see ya back
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-09-2011, 12:28 PM
Kinda depressive that most MMOs gets improved when you turn off chat.
Only one where there was no need for that was Tabula Rasa. (mostly because so few actually played it but never mind that details)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinead
You lost me at ...
He did not lose you anywhere since you took the time needed to edit out most of his post just to quote those specific words.
Closed Thread