Lt. Commander
# 21
01-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal
I agree, would be nice to see something visual for an injury.

Would be even better to see arms blown off and bits floating around here and there, but they have to keep it friendly for all audiences
Flying bits would be glorious. I love flying bitzorz!!
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenSeven View Post
Perhaps I'm mistaken, but none of the injury markers actually reflect blood type of any kind. The current system lists the injuries by severity with white being minor, yellow major, and red critical. This system reflects an alert status more than a blood type. Personally I like the system and any changes would simply be more confusing during combat. I like being able to quickly glance at my BO's status to see what, if any, injuries they have sustained by the color coding.

As for injury textures or any other visible injury graphics- no. It's not necessary and it would force a rating change on the game. It isn't necessary for STO's fun factor and I like that I can play STO around my five year old with no worries on graphic content. I even let her run around ESD sometimes (a warning to all those who are in there with her, lol).
Right so a severe injury for a Vulcan would show up green, blue for Andorian and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
This made me think of characters getting temporary "wound textures" when their health drops a lot, just like ships get damage textures when the hull is reduced.

As to the original thread subject: I ... really don't think that is necessary. Even if it would just take a minute or so to implement. I mean, we're talking about interface here. That's like creating medikits with a green cross instead of a red one because "duh, this one is for Vulcans".
I wish he had medkits. It's stupid to have to go back to Sol to heal. And you should be able to heal up in your ship's sickbay, I mean c'mon, watch a DVD or two STO!!!!