Lt. Commander
# 51
01-10-2011, 03:44 AM
what about "Spaceballs"?
Lt. Commander
# 52
01-10-2011, 03:45 AM
"The Black Hole" by Disney. Earned a slight profit, but ultimately it didn't work out.

Visual effects and music are stunning, though.
Lt. Commander
# 53
01-10-2011, 03:53 AM
Definitely Godzilla movies. They're so cheesy, but I just love Godzilla.
Lt. Commander
# 54
01-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701LivesOn
"The Black Hole" by Disney. Earned a slight profit, but ultimately it didn't work out.

It hit me kinda like Space Odyssey. Things and people floating in space to the note of classical music with not much happening.

Towards the end when everything was coming unraveled it was enjoyable, and seeing what my mind registered to be Sean Connery reprising his role of Marco Ramius before he had even played it? Brilliant. (seriously the captain of the ship flying into the black hole. Watch Red October and try and tell me it's not him!)

But yeah, it was pretty painful. Oh, and what's with the telepath being able to read the robot? I mean I know human thought is on the delta band, but what is robot? Beyond that would a human be able to recognize what would likely be binary thought and understand it as anything legible or would it be like Psionic version of listening to this? If it was a true AI, maybe. But still, reading software like normal thought is unlikely.

There was a bit in that movie that made one think, conjecture about what it meant. Like the Red and Blue miniature planets inside the ship, and then at the end of the movie you see a fiery, volcanic world covered in robots that looks like the living definition of hell, then a peaceful blue world the "good guys" ended up on. Did those two miniature planets react with the black hole and become real, or is it literally heaven and hell?

Past the little bit of fun I had picking it apart, it is an ordeal I do not wish to repeat.
Lt. Commander
# 55
01-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Raptor Island otherwise Godzilla vs Megalon for this reason alone
Lt. Commander
# 56
01-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDawson View Post
what about "Spaceballs"?
Such a great film! (:
Lt. Commander
# 57
01-10-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by President_Shinzon View Post
It hit me kinda like Space Odyssey. Things and people floating in space to the note of classical music with not much happening.

Towards the end when everything was coming unraveled it was enjoyable, and seeing what my mind registered to be Sean Connery reprising his role of Marco Ramius before he had even played it? Brilliant. (seriously the captain of the ship flying into the black hole. Watch Red October and try and tell me it's not him!)

But yeah, it was pretty painful. Oh, and what's with the telepath being able to read the robot? I mean I know human thought is on the delta band, but what is robot? Beyond that would a human be able to recognize what would likely be binary thought and understand it as anything legible or would it be like Psionic version of listening to this? If it was a true AI, maybe. But still, reading software like normal thought is unlikely.

There was a bit in that movie that made one think, conjecture about what it meant. Like the Red and Blue miniature planets inside the ship, and then at the end of the movie you see a fiery, volcanic world covered in robots that looks like the living definition of hell, then a peaceful blue world the "good guys" ended up on. Did those two miniature planets react with the black hole and become real, or is it literally heaven and hell?

Past the little bit of fun I had picking it apart, it is an ordeal I do not wish to repeat.
Gotta admit, i never connected Reinhardt with Ramius. And I was pretty confused with ESP reaching frigging robots. Made no sense.
And I try not to think about the ending. Just chalk it up to the Disney Acid Sequence and move along.

I'll tell you one thing, though-- the robots and the Cygnus were just awesome. V.I.N.CENT and B.O.B were there as the obligatory cute things (they still looked cool!), Maximilian is just [i]horrifying[i] and the Cygnus-- good lord, does it look stellar!
Lt. Commander
# 58
01-10-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cormoran View Post
My personal shame: Commando.

Arnie: *holding some poor shmuck upside down over a cliff* remember when i promised to kill you last?
Poor Shmuck: that's right Matrix (yeah that was his name! LOL)! You did!
Arnie: I lied. *lets go*

best. scene. ever.

A movie where it's shameless one liners were only outdone by it's insane bodycount.
In one of the Darkman movies the hero has captured a thug, and is sticking his head out of a manhole cover, telling him he'll not let a car crush his head if he gives up the information Darkman wants. The terrified thug gives up the information. Darkman makes it clear he's still going to let him get killed. The thug says to the effect, "But I gave you the information!" Darkman replies (I'm just making up a name here) "I know you did, Mark. But let's pretend you didn't."

Good film. I'm not entering i in the lame contest, just wanted to share that.
Lt. Commander
# 59
01-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701LivesOn

Has a bit of depth to it as well. All of the guy's research, that would solve a lot of problems back home, but do you overlook how it was obtained?
Lt. Commander
# 60
01-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Awful movies? like cheesy? That would be Army of Darkness. hell the whole Evil Dead series.

or awful like "/headdesk I want my 90 minutes back!" ? The Wiz