Lt. Commander
# 81
01-12-2011, 07:38 AM
It had a few pretty good space combat scenes. No depth to the plot or the characters at all. Freddie Prince Jr. Yeah it was pretty bad. I still have it on tape though.
Lt. Commander
# 82
01-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Star Trek: TMP

Edit: and Event Horizon. That was a terrible movie
Lt. Commander
# 83
01-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Hard to pick just one

Android:

This was a 2am SciFi channel classic. You have androids, escaped convicts, space and a mad scientist. It's great! And what is not to love about Max 404? He is like Data before Data, but slightly more twisted.

Klaus Kinski ftw, and a nod to both Frankenstein and Metropolis which are both fantastic stories.

I also have love for Dracula 2000:

Gerard Butler as Dracula, and it was before he got really popular. You got Jeri Ryan and Vitamin C as nosferatu. Christopher Plummer as Van Helsing is epic win, as is the giant nail gun with detachable crucifix dagger.

The dialogue is cheesy and the plot with what's her name is actually kinda twisted if you think about it, and it's rather glossy kinda like a Twilight novel except Dracula doesn't sparkle. I did find the story about Dracula himself to be a very interesting and an original take on Dracula.

Alien: Resurrection:

Yes, I actually liked this movie. It is not Alien, or even Aliens. It is just a blood and guts gorefest, with an Alien Hybrid Ellen Ripley running around shooting things and making behind-the-back half court shots (which I read somewhere Sigourney actually did on the first take). Then, you have Ron Perlman playing a jerk as usual, but I loved him, and Winona Ryder takes a break from being just cutsey and gets to be cutsey and kill things.

The main plot about cloning Ripley repeatedly is both a little cheesy and kind of as an afterthought to all the blood and guts, but that's ok. I thought it was also kind of original enough to keep me involved. I hated Alien 3, and understood why Sigourney Weaver wanted to do another one. I also liked that she had a role in the production booth.

Oh, the Director's Cut is better than the cinematic release, and should have been the cinematic release

Universal Soldier: Regeneration:

I must admit to being a bit of a Jean-Claude Van Damme fan. Of all the beef-headed martial arts action stars of the 80s and 90s, he is my favorite of all.

This movie was a big surprise to me. I got a little excited hearing that Dolph and Jean-Claude were going to be in it, but skipped on seeing it in the theatre and just rented it. I enjoyed it so much I had to buy it.

US:R first off, shot mostly in Eastern Europe, which I found interesting. The plot is really thin, and rips a lot from Terminator and Predator to be honest, but it's still a really fun movie and I found myself not caring about the allusions to both those other films and really enjoying it. Dolph and JCVD take a back seat to the other actors which was interesting, too, but the showdown between these two extremely interesting and a little startling--and unsatisfying in a way, but doesn't hurt the experience at all.

Also, the final showdown between JCVD and Andrei Arlovski is pretty freaking awesome. To be honest, this one is almost as good as the first one.
Lt. Commander
# 84
01-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Killer Clowns from Outer Space

Stupid, cheesy, but enormously funny.

Like the cotton candy cocoons they put people in...

Nuff said...
Lt. Commander
# 85
01-19-2011, 01:08 AM
5th Element, anyone?

Bruce Willis falling in love with some weird female thing that hold the key to saving the universe.

Lame.
Lt. Commander
# 86
01-19-2011, 02:44 AM
On the Sci-Fi side i would have to say a guilty pleasure is The Last Starfighter.

Other than that Never Say Never Again. Really bad remake of Thunderball.
Lt. Commander
# 87
01-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Um....lets see.....

Battle Beyond the Stars with John Boy............why? Cause his ship had boobs...

Battlefield Earth.........it was Travoltas low grazing days to return to stardom...that movie is time I will never get back.....

Flash Gordon.....was actually a cult fave, but still it was as much 80's cheese you could get and Tim Dalton was good as the baron....

FLASH............AHHHHHHHH HE'LL SAVE EVERYONE OF US........music by queen

30 Days of Night...............um FYI that isnt Barrow............not even Alaska.......and Vampires physically would freeze at that temp due to them canonically having lower core body temps than regualr humans.

Smokey and the Bandit 2 and 3....obvious attempts to make more money off a career slowly in decline....all in classic Burt Reynolds fashion.Stroker Ace was actually better

The Guyver....remember that one?......ha ha ha ha ha

Splice................not sure what the heck this movie is supposed to be about? but I swear....I couldn't even finish it, it was that ridiculous.

Shoot em up...with Clive Owen...................burning the nipples...really? really?

Escape from LA.........................shouldnt have made that sequal.

Highlander 2..............Im mean come on................what hippy directed this bunny huggin movie anyhoo? way to kill a good concept.

Kazaam......with Shaq..............need I say more?

The Pest...............only watched the first 20 min then used the DVD as target practice...I still owe the video store one DVD.

Star Wars Episode 1.........jar jar ruined this prequel madness for me.....

The Stupids.......................title says it all..............
Lt. Commander
# 88
01-19-2011, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
The Stupids.......................title says it all..............
"I'm my own Grandpa!"
Lt. Commander
# 89
01-19-2011, 05:14 AM
Battlefirld Earth is awesomly bad!!! Worse then Plan Nine From outer space !

If you haven't seen it do yourself a favour....it is so bad its awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 90
01-19-2011, 06:20 AM
Ok, here's onr for ya'll :

The Kentuckey... Fried... Movie...

That's right, I said The Kentuckey Fried Movie! This movie was such a cheese-fest! One thing that always sticks in my mind is the part when the Bruce Lee wanna-be crushes his enemy with an engine block!!