Lt. Commander
The KDF side has no clothing/uniform options available on the c-store, and has less than half as many options as default federation characters get. The KDF also has no offduty clothing options to choose from. All in all, very limited compared to the federation.

So, a few simple steps to make more of what we already have:

-Open up the Mercenary set from the c-store for KDF captains to use.

-Open nausicaan armor options for males of any KDF species (klingon, gorn, orion, lethean, or alien). At the very least the nausicaan gauntlets, sleeveless jacket, bracers, armored boots, and shoulderpads should be available for others, I can see the reason why thy chest armor and bladed boots might be restricted since they're so much larger than other pieces.

-Open up orion uniform options for all KDF species. The female orion clothing should be usable on any female KDF character, and the male orion clothing (minus the head bolts and such) should be available to any male KDF character.

These uniform items are already in the game, no additiona, modelling or texturing is needed, just open them up for other species. Personally I'd like to use the nausicaan spiked gauntlets and shoulderpads for my klingon captain, and I think some of the orion female pieces would look good on a female klingon character as well.

And past that note, could we get the Orion clothing available for federation offduty uniforms? =P
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2011, 02:11 PM
As I understand it, KDF characters use a different mesh than Feds. So options for Feds can't "just be turned on."

Hopefully they will add more options soon and add some off duty options. That merc set is a 'natch for KDF!

I'm looking forward to the Gorn revamp, that should be coming up soon too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telbasta
-Open nausicaan armor options [...]
-Open up orion uniform options
No. Unique clothing options are THE major factor about preserving the main difference between the Klingon Alliance and the Federation. Take this away and you're destroying the uniqueness of Nausicaan and Orion characters whilst simultaneously hurting the appearance of the entire faction. Let's keep things close to what we're used from the shows, okay? At least in ONE faction.

We just had a long discussion about this in the Klingon forum here.

I'm inclined to agree about the Mercenary stuff, though, if its parts can be used with the normal uniforms (from what I understand the devs want to eliminate the separation of duty/offduty anyways), for they do come with some very fitting equipment options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telbasta
And past that note, could we get the Orion clothing available for federation offduty uniforms? =P
It gets better... Or was this your true intention all along?

Does Starfleet not look slutty enough for you yet with all those short skirts, high heeled boots and belly jackets? Oh, right, there's a cleavage jacket due to release soon, too! Quite ironic, considering that the KDF still does not have the iconic Klingon cleavage armour (a la Duras Sisters) available.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2011, 03:38 PM
I think what klingons actually need is the progression appearance later on, I love how my starfleet engineer has armor and attachments as he progresses, my klingon needs options like these.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-09-2011, 04:01 PM
They totally need their own armor and equipment. They're very bland at the moment and its not fun.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2011, 04:13 PM
/signed

Also want the eye patch for non-Klingons.

<-- Lazira needs an eyepatch.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-09-2011, 04:39 PM
while it would be nice for the Klingon's to have more costumes withing their own style the fact remains unless thereís a major switch in player population it most likely wonít happen any time soon. It would take less resource and proved more items quickly to have access to some parts of all the fed costume items. stuff like the shoes some of the pants and skirts are general enough to work, maybe even a few of the tops. plus I canít everybody in the klingon empire likes to run around in elf shoes with massive shoulder pads maybe some of them have fashion sense.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
Quite ironic, considering that the KDF still does not have the iconic Klingon cleavage armour (a la Duras Sisters) available.
This too. Cleavage armor for Klingons!
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingshoebox View Post
while it would be nice for the Klingon's to have more costumes withing their own style the fact remains unless thereís a major switch in player population it most likely wonít happen any time soon. It would take less resource and proved more items quickly to have access to some parts of all the fed costume items. stuff like the shoes some of the pants and skirts are general enough to work, maybe even a few of the tops. plus I canít everybody in the klingon empire likes to run around in elf shoes with massive shoulder pads maybe some of them have fashion sense.
Lol, I think you underestimate some of the of the people I've seen running around Earth spacedock. I would say that 1 out of every 4 people I see has the most god awful looking alien with a disproportionate body, an outstretched neck, and a down-right odd uniform configuration. The klingon uglies aren't as prevalent as the Federation ones, but believe me, you will see some of the ugliest creatures you have ever seen at Q-Nos. I've seen quite a few ghastly reptile beings stalking about in the banking and market section of the capital. A few times I had to stop just to admire how ugly they were.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasensal
/signed

Also want the eye patch for non-Klingons.

<-- Lazira needs an eyepatch.
sorry hun. Alia would never stop laughing at Lazira if you got an eyepatch. it would look silly. *flees in terror*