Lt. Commander
when i am fighting in space, and i die, i respawn 10 seconds later with full everything and jump right back in the fight.......so, why do i care if i die?

its better to die them be drawn down to low hull cause it takes a while to regen, but if i die i regen fully

I dont get it

Space is nothing but a giant map, and systems are only there if i have a quest to visit one,,if i dont have a quest i cant go to the system?

I dont get it

all the ships interiors are exactly the regardless of the ship?

I dont get it

space battles seem very repetitive and shallow, the 3rd person view reminds me that i am playing a video game and not really flying a space ship, there is no relationship with me and the ship

i dont get it

space ships should be very complex, mine i have a choice to put in 10 or so things on it, all pretty much the same thing, in SWG for example a primary ground game, unlike star trek, i could build my ships, reverse eng the parts, have co pilots, program droids to do different things i could decor my ship's intereior have people in turrets, i mean, it seems like this game was designed for an 8 year old to play,,,,so simplistic ,That i dont get.

I can go on for a long time here but i wont waste my time, just wanted to vent some, i have learned my lesson and staying away from Cryptic= simple game made for 8 to 12 year olds, with no danger or pentality
no end game and not creative thinking in the slightest,,,,but they have a C store,,,
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-05-2011, 08:12 PM
i don't get it another whiner who buys an mmo and is confused when its not exactly what they thought it should be
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-05-2011, 09:29 PM
The difficulty slider is there to make the game more of a challenge.

It's been awhile since I visited my own ship, but I'm fairly sure each ship type has a different layout.
Edit: By ship type, I mean a tactical ship has a different layout than a science ship or a cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-06-2011, 12:54 AM
If you respawn, your enemies hull also resets. If you're actually struggling to win, death means you need more time, or might never succeed, since you can't break your enemy.

If you respawn on higher difficulty levels, you suffer injuries that stays for a while and can even be permanent until restored by repair components.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-06-2011, 02:12 AM
:Someone posts a post about stuff that's been posted before, tons of times..

I don't get it:p

There are 3 layouts for your decks btw
Turn up the difficulty if you want a reason not to die, ship damage comes with the death penalty.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-06-2011, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerstone
when i am fighting in space, and i die, i respawn 10 seconds later with full everything and jump right back in the fight.......so, why do i care if i die?
A near perma death or harsh death penalty was shot down by the majority.

Quote:
its better to die them be drawn down to low hull cause it takes a while to regen, but if i die i regen fully

I dont get it
This is the difference between STO being a arcade-action styled game versus a simulator.

Quote:
Space is nothing but a giant map, and systems are only there if i have a quest to visit one,,if i dont have a quest i cant go to the system?

I dont get it
Unlike God Almighty, the Devs are limited by teh flesh and can not create a Universe of detail inmass. Sorry.

Quote:

I dont get it
No they are not.

Quote:
space battles seem very repetitive and shallow, the 3rd person view reminds me that i am playing a video game and not really flying a space ship, there is no relationship with me and the ship

i dont get it
Really? I find the space combat very engaging. "From the Bridge" combat is an idea that keeps popping up in the forums but has not made it to the game yet. IF it does, it should be an option over being required. I do not wish to try combat from a bridge view.

Quote:
space ships should be very complex, mine i have a choice to put in 10 or so things on it, all pretty much the same thing, in SWG for example a primary ground game, unlike star trek, i could build my ships, reverse eng the parts, have co pilots, program droids to do different things i could decor my ship's intereior have people in turrets, i mean, it seems like this game was designed for an 8 year old to play,,,,so simplistic ,That i dont get.
Cryptic aimed STO primarily for the casual Star Trek fan first, then detailed aspects will have to be added as the game grows to satisfy the over-detail oriented sim fans.

Quote:
I can go on for a long time here but i wont waste my time, just wanted to vent some, i have learned my lesson and staying away from Cryptic= simple game made for 8 to 12 year olds, with no danger or pentality
no end game and not creative thinking in the slightest,,,,but they have a C store,,,
Can I haz your stuff?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-06-2011, 04:37 PM
You can have mine when star wars goes live. This has been a great game to pass the time. glad i didnt pay the lifetime membership. Less than a week to max my rank and do almost all the story and missions granted i play a lot but for a monthly fee I do expect more.

There was a lot i enjoyed from this game but too many things i didnt. No reason to clutter this post any further.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-07-2011, 04:14 AM
This is a good thread to review which covers your concerns in much more depth...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=196180
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerstone

I dont get it

I dont get it

I dont get it

i dont get it

Wow. Poor you.

eh. Want an apple?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-07-2011, 10:06 PM
A comment on the lack of difficulty and lack of death penalty. News flash. There is a difficulty slider which brings with it a death penalty. Have fun, or don't.