Lt. Commander
# 11
01-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
The option to select what vendor list you want to see is in the initial converstation screen. Don't simply click the first top option. Stop and READ the list BEFORE you are shown the vendor screen. And you'll find what you want there.
I just wrote that I DO NOT HAVE THOSE OTIONS! god Damn it!
I just simply click on the Shop Button and there is no choice between anything!
I simply have the Otion to buy Shields, Engines or Deflectors.
I do not have other BUTTONS!
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-09-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaotKirk View Post
yeah, folks will surely come rushing to help with that attitude.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-09-2011, 02:30 PM
His attitude was sour from the start. Ive just been to the vendor and have had no issue. i can only assume he isnt at Commander Ophlim
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
And this is why nap time is important.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-09-2011, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnwan View Post
His attitude was sour from the start. Ive just been to the vendor and have had no issue. i can only assume he isnt at Commander Ophlim
Or a localization bug with his version. Which would indeed suck. Maybe post in tech support would be a better place now that it is obviously not intended functionality.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Thats not my attitude. I am just frustrated because it's not working and i am at the correct NPC.
I switched to the english Client and it works. If i switch back to the German Client it's not working anymore.
Nearly everything that was introduced since Season 2 does not work or does not work correctly in the non english Version. :/
That is really frustrating. I fully understand that not everything can be fixed momentarily, but Since Season 2 nothing has been done to fix the localized Versions of the Client. Cryptic keeps adding Stuff which is working fine in the English Client but at the same time brakes the localized Client Versions even more and i can see no progress or even something remotely beeing done by Cryptic to fix the localized Clients.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
If you do not have those options, try checking a different vendor. The equipment/console vendor in ESD is in the shipyard (where you get your new ship at each rank).

Also, if it's working in English but not German, you might want to try a Force Verify (from the Launcher's "Options" menu). It sounds like your client might be bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-09-2011, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
Also, if it's working in English but not German, you might want to try a Force Verify (from the Launcher's "Options" menu). It sounds like your client might be bugged.
Ok, i just did the "Force verify" Now it randomly works. :/
I just had a friend of mine check if it's working for him. His answer was as i expected. It's also not working in his german Client. :/

I guess i will be playing with the english Client then because i have little hope that the german Client will be fixed sometime soon.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Quote:
I just had a friend of mine check if it's working for him. His answer was as i expected. It's also not working in his german Client. :/

I guess i will be playing with the english Client then because i have little hope that the german Client will be fixed sometime soon.
After reading through this thread, and seeing that apparently the problem lies within the German Client, may I suggest sending a bug report to the Devs.

Calmly explain the problem in your report to them.

Chances are that it's a problem that they aren't aware of and is something they can fix once they know that there is a problem. Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Quote:

Definitely bug it. I've never tried a localized STO client, but my experience is that localized clients are often not as good as the ones in the studio's primary language. Cryptic could very well outsource localization or they have one or two harried German and/or French speaking developers who are responsible for everything.

Did you try "Force Verify" with the German client, too? Sometimes things get corrupted or moved around and it causes dialog not to work correctly.