Lt. Commander
# 1 Do we want more "realism"?
01-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Are you guys ok with the current arcade style of STO ?

3rd person space and ground combat and MMO style buffing/debuffing/healing

or do you want it to be more simulation oriented?

1st and/or 3rd person space and ground combat (including bridge (viewscreen) combat).

I am asking this to give Cryptic an idea of which route to travel because so many good guys already left this game. They said it's a fastfood MMO in Star Trek disguise. I think this game has potential.
I prefer a more Bridge Commander oriented version but that's just me. If the majority of the community likes it as it is i could live with it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2011, 07:09 PM
So heres the problem: what you are requesting would take a decent amount of time to develop. The problem is, this game is already barely getting enough new content to keep people happy. So where does your request fit into the schedule?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Whenever they can. Why is it that anytime somebody makes a request, somebody comes in and assumes they want it done right here and now?

To the OP, I dig it, mate.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Also, a Dev early on, Jack Emmert to be exact, talked of possibilities of an STF that fit that exact description. So if we get a ship like that to where you can control it from the inside, it might happen in the form of an STF. Which *if* they do it right, it will be a great mission.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Whenever they can.
Which easily translates to "never", because theres always going to be something someone else thinks is more important. So the question once again is this: where do you think this particular request fits into the schedule? Unless your willing to place it ahead of something else someone wants, then its never going to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-09-2011, 07:18 PM
If I wanted to play Bridge commander id play it and forgo a monthly fee.

Im content with the casual approach. Hardcore sims have proven time and time again to eventually complicate themselves into a final dead end of unuseability.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
Which easily translates to "never", because theres always going to be something someone else thinks is more important. So the question once again is this: where do you think this particular request fits into the schedule? Unless your willing to place it ahead of something else someone wants, then its never going to happen.
Kind of a shady attitude to have.

Let me ask you something...How do you like having the option to fly around in sector space without the grid a lolipop sticks? You like that? Hey, I suggested that back during Beta.

See...ideas happen quite often, even though people like you say that it will never happen.

I can name several changes that were made in City of Heroes that was my idea, that people said would never happen there as well. Sorry, even though it does seem an idea like his will never happen, it has already been stated pre-launch that his idea is something they were considering as an STF mission.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Kind of a shady attitude to have.

Let me ask you something...How do you like having the option to fly around in sector space without the grid a lolipop sticks? You like that? Hey, I suggested that back during Beta.

See...ideas happen quite often, even though people like you say that it will never happen.

I can name several changes that were made in City of Heroes that was my idea, that people said would never happen there as well. Sorry, even though it does seem an idea like his will never happen, it has already been stated pre-launch that his idea is something they were considering as an STF mission.
I didnt say it will "never" happen. Its called "reading comprehension". Obviously you need to read my post again. But while your claiming you came up with the idea for sector space, please post a link to the thread. Dont worry, you can still see all the threads you posted back in closed beta to now in your post history.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-09-2011, 07:28 PM
STO needs to focus on being an MMORPG first before it tries to focus on being a whole different genre of game. Stormshade recently chimed in on another thread about STO not being a sim; it's probably the only thing he has recently said that I agree with.

STO needs to work on putting some of that MM into its ORPG right now. I'd like quests that offer some degree of challenge and a good story; I'd like to see more reasons to actually team up with other players. Otherwise, I can go play Bridge Commander any time.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
I didnt say it will "never" happen. Its called "reading comprehension". Obviously you need to read my post again.
Look here, Einstein, you said "never" and even went so far as to put it in to parenthesis. Don't get mad. If you can't handle a simple conversation, perhaps you should not post.
Closed Thread