Lt. Commander
# 1 The Cure and Aggro Distance
01-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Hi guys,

I've been working on The Cure and have had 7 failed attempts already. I've tried many different strategies but as far as the noded gates are concerned the only strategy that has worked has been the up close and personal one where you physically are next to the nodes, running between each killing workers and other borg that u can and keeping alive with hypos. The shooting from a distance without aggro approch has never come close to working for me, however my teams have never been quite sure what the no aggro distance is. Some say 30 meters, some say 25 metres. Does anyone know for sure the distance to not draw aggro?

Cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-09-2011, 08:14 PM
25.5 metres is the safe aggro distance in general. activate all the transformers to spawn them in, kill all and nodes but the medics at each one then all you gotta deal with is the workers on the second run since unless the last drone is kliied they do not spawn in.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-09-2011, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
25.5 metres is the safe aggro distance in general. activate all the transformers to spawn them in, kill all and nodes but the medics at each one then all you gotta deal with is the workers on the second run since unless the last drone is kliied they do not spawn in.
Wow, I didn't know this. This will surely make the job easier. I will try tonight hopefully.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-10-2011, 06:57 AM
I did th ground part of the Cure after 4 attempts.We stayed well away from the nodes and just killed workers.As long as you dont aggro the nodes or any other borg its easy.once tranformers blast the shields then you can clean up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-10-2011, 08:12 AM
The borg dont like plasma, throw a plasma grenade at the nodes when workers are near it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-10-2011, 05:01 PM
I did a quick test last night for distance. I shot a drone in a group from 30 metres using an Antiproton Sniper Rifle and it aggro'd the whole group. Am I missing something?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-10-2011, 06:16 PM
That's normal, it's stupid, but normal. An enemy team will aggro your entire group disregarding line of sight, I believe theres a max range to it but it's fairly large.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
Confirming this method
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalFlash View Post
I did a quick test last night for distance. I shot a drone in a group from 30 metres using an Antiproton Sniper Rifle and it aggro'd the whole group. Am I missing something?
Was this a worker drone? Borg drones are grouped together. You shoot one, and it's whole group will get aggroed. These "groups" are usually connected by an interlink node, and they aggro together. Worker drones, on the other hand, do not belong to any of the "groups", so shooting them should not aggro the other borg. I have safely shot the workers without aggroeing the other borg from 20 m.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Was this a worker drone? Borg drones are grouped together. You shoot one, and it's whole group will get aggroed. These "groups" are usually connected by an interlink node, and they aggro together. Worker drones, on the other hand, do not belong to any of the "groups", so shooting them should not aggro the other borg. I have safely shot the workers without aggroeing the other borg from 20 m.
That explains it. It was a drone I shot, not a worker.