Lt. Commander
# 11
01-16-2011, 04:00 AM
when dealing with the workers whilst other drones are with nodes use single shot weapon (sniper prefered, bring two to hotswap between cooldowns) and if using grenades wait till the workers are at the transformers to throw then to not aggro the node groups, if you have tacs with smoke grenades use them at the second - fourth transformers when going to activate them to cover when goin back into place in a ranged possition and click target workers to avoid accedental aggro.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-16-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalFlash View Post
That explains it. It was a drone I shot, not a worker.
Yes..as soon as you shoot any 'non-worker' in the Cure, that entire group aggros, regardless of distance.

If you stay 25 or so meters away from the node groups, they will not aggro, even if you are in the LOS. I have routinely 'floated' between helping #1 position with some knock-downs shooting PAST the node group, with no aggro.

Note - you can only do a couple shots for the #1 position, but that is a great help. Protip - if you are on #2 or #3, and have a *single* drone walk by you, on the way to #1 or #2 respectively - LEAVE THEM ALONE ! If you knock them down, the time delay means 3 workers will show up at the same time to a transformer, making the job harder. Let the assigned group take the single. Knock down only doubles.
Lt. Commander
There are many ways of doing the cure, and I have done them all. However, I have come to find the fight it out method to be the best way if you have PUG's with you. Set up: (practice on the first set of 3 since it's easy) activate the first generator, then have your whole team blast the node down and then take out borg, weakest to hardest. Once you have the elite down to about half, hit the next gen, leaving one guy assigned to the first node (typically we leave a tatic officer here). While the second one is warming up you should be able to take out that elite. Once the second gen goes hot, you have everyone blast the node and repeat what you did on the first (the guy assigned to the first node, should be able to help as well, but will focus on any workers first). Have another team member assigned to gen 2, who just headhunts workers (typically we have an engineer assigned here, since his turrets, sheild gens, etc can draw aggro from the group). Now as soon as gen three gets hit you activate that as well, at this point its all about time, so we have two guys defending the node (typically a sci officer to heal, and either a tatic or eng depending on the group) the last guy will be at 4 and just waiting to activate that gen as soon as it goes hot. Hypo's for everyone is a must, but your sci officer on number three gen should be able to throw heals to the guy on 2 , 3 and 4. Remember, as soon as gen 4 goes up you only have to hold it for 20 seconds. I did this with two fleet mates and 2 pugs the other night and we got all the sheilds down on the first try. I like this because with pugs, you don't have to show them where to stand to not draw aggro, which weapons to use etc, just makes things a lot easier. Good luck!!
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-17-2011, 12:07 PM
This almost exactly the strategy I used... simple and effective... controlling the aggro and working as a team yields good results.