Lt. Commander
# 1 Patcher News Dissapointment
01-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi, I've got the chance to do a 5 day trial after being gone since open beta and the first 70 days. I was dissapointed and lost interest quickly, but am kind of excited to give it a try again and see if its worth another sub.

So I'm patching the 3Gb I need beyond the initial client download, and I notice one of the entries in the patcher news about the C Store sale says "now until January 3rd..." - well its now January 10th. Seems like a really really long smoke break for whoever updates that thing.

I guess in a way, this is a good thing though, right off the bat my expectation of improvement is lowered significantly, so if there is any at all, I might be more pleased by it!

I really do hope things are improving. I do like Cryptic stuff, really liked this game at first, until I got to know it. Well, 2Gb to go, I'll find out soon enough I guess!

- BG
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BondGyver View Post
Hi, I've got the chance to do a 5 day trial after being gone since open beta and the first 70 days. I was dissapointed and lost interest quickly, but am kind of excited to give it a try again and see if its worth another sub.

So I'm patching the 3Gb I need beyond the initial client download, and I notice one of the entries in the patcher news about the C Store sale says "now until January 3rd..." - well its now January 10th. Seems like a really really long smoke break for whoever updates that thing.

I guess in a way, this is a good thing though, right off the bat my expectation of improvement is lowered significantly, so if there is any at all, I might be more pleased by it!

I really do hope things are improving. I do like Cryptic stuff, really liked this game at first, until I got to know it. Well, 2Gb to go, I'll find out soon enough I guess!

- BG
Uhh... they never delete news items so there is nothing wrong o_O.

Almost all mmo's ive ever seen do the same thing. They put the date in there so you know when it ends so there isn't any confusion. However, normally they've updated the news by that point so it's not close to the top but oh well things happen hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-10-2011, 12:17 AM
If you hit the release notes button, the game was updated more recently than that post on December 24.

Basically, the news is generalized information and the day-to-day game changes are in the release notes tab.