Lt. Commander
# 1 Notifications
01-10-2011, 01:52 AM
Is there any commands that we can use in game to turn on notifications of when Fleet members log into the game? It is a feature I have seen in a couple of MMO's and is a handy thing to have when you don't want to manually add fleet members to your friends list just so you know when they log in.

Several of my fleet members have said that they did not notice other members log in, and want to know if there was an in game feature to do this.

Also, is there a way to turn on Mail notifications? I don't get mail all that often, so I rarely remember to check it when I log into the game and therefore don't get to read them until I visit the website. Also this may be the reason I don't get as many responses from my fleet mails as I had thought, as other members don't check them either. So having a notification when I log in would be awesome.

Any (good) help you guys can provide would be appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-10-2011, 02:38 AM
Good ideas, staples in my mind for any MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MavrykDH View Post
Is there any commands that we can use in game to turn on notifications of when Fleet members log into the game? It is a feature I have seen in a couple of MMO's and is a handy thing to have when you don't want to manually add fleet members to your friends list just so you know when they log in.

Several of my fleet members have said that they did not notice other members log in, and want to know if there was an in game feature to do this.

Also, is there a way to turn on Mail notifications? I don't get mail all that often, so I rarely remember to check it when I log into the game and therefore don't get to read them until I visit the website. Also this may be the reason I don't get as many responses from my fleet mails as I had thought, as other members don't check them either. So having a notification when I log in would be awesome.

Any (good) help you guys can provide would be appreciated.
Check the fleet roster often and check your mail often, then you will be sure not to miss stuff. And have people say "hi" in fleet chat when they login so you know they are on. Add friend anyone important you need to know about asap.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-10-2011, 03:35 AM
Equally good ideas, which I do often.. but you know how it is you get sidetracked on missions and you forget to check these things. It would be handy to be informed as you go.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldera
Check the fleet roster often and check your mail often, then you will be sure not to miss stuff. And have people say "hi" in fleet chat when they login so you know they are on. Add friend anyone important you need to know about asap.
Well yeah, I just thought it was a simple game feature that all games had....
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-10-2011, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldera
These are good workarounds, but really don't provide the functionality requested. I feel it to be a good request that should be relatively simple to implement.