Lt. Commander
# 11
01-10-2011, 10:20 AM
I too see Cryptic as Atari's Saviour, STO is doing quit well, Champions Online is actually coming into it's own and will see substantial growth once it goes F2P, and from the rumblings I have heard in the industry/and players who have tested for Cryptic before; Neverwinter is going to be a sleeper hit. I don't see an uncertain future for STO, I see it actually saving Atari.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Metacritic really isnt the end all for reviews nor should it be used that way. Use it to find reliable sources and get their information.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dogman
Metacritic really isnt the end all for reviews nor should it be used that way. Use it to find reliable sources and get their information.
See the last sentence of my post that you quoted. Those arent metacritic's scores.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-10-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
See the last sentence of my post that you quoted. Those arent metacritic's scores.
I stand corrected, sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dogman
Quote:
Both of you, he was talking about commercial success which is quite different from critical success.

It's why practically no one saw Moon in theaters but Transformers 2 made tons of money.

I can sell lots of tickets but not be well-received critically.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
You also see from that page that fan response is mostly polarized and split evenly whereas critics are mostly apathetic with more positive than negative.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Both of you, he was talking about commercial success which is quite different from critical success.
I understand that perfectly. But go back to the first page, and read the sentence that I was replying to.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
I understand that perfectly. But go back to the first page, and read the sentence that I was replying to.
Go back and read what you were replying to again.

He clearly agreed that STO wasn't a critical success but was arguing that it was commercially successful.

You cut his quote before he got to the juicy goodness.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Quote:
It's why practically no one saw Moon in theaters but Transformers 2 made tons of money.
This.

Same could be said for Call of Duty: Black Ops
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Go back and read what you were replying to again.

He clearly agreed that STO wasn't a critical success but was arguing that it was commercially successful.

You cut his quote before he got to the juicy goodness.
I was replying specifically to the "poorly received" comment, not anything to do with its revenue.
Closed Thread