Lt. Commander
Just a simple question, how do we find out about available Foundry missions? I brought up the Foundry Missions window and it was blank - only a search function, so what the heck do we enter to search for? Missions or some other word from (what?).

I would be glad to try out some UGC missions if I knew where the heck to find some sort of list and mabey some sort of description. I also realize that there may already be something here in the forums but geeeze,.... there is a lot of material and I haven't found any missions list etc... yet. Help would be appreciated. Cryptic has been known for complete failure to give info or explanations for how to play its games, guess they presume we can figure it out ourselves ( some do - some don't). Info may be available somewhere (like for UGC) but I guess I don't do enough homework to locate the answers.

Anyway, I would appreciate help from anyone with some info on this. Consider me just a dumb newbie and step by baby step would not be resented but appreciated. Thaks, hope to see some replys soon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Are you on the Tribble test server?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-10-2011, 09:39 AM
Foundry only exists on the Tribble test server at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Yep!
01-10-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Are you on the Tribble test server?
Tribble is the only place to obtain the Foundry window. I really want to try out some UGC missions and I hope that players who design missions would be eager to have folks try them out but what missions are available and how to get info on them seems to be missing (or I am missing something - is it totally random? or what?).

If there is nothing in the selection window then ?.....thats my problem. So yes I am on tribble, I brought over a copy of my first character (captain) and created a couple more to have lower level play.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryst6 View Post
Tribble is the only place to obtain the Foundry window. I really want to try out some UGC missions and I hope that players who design missions would be eager to have folks try them out but what missions are available and how to get info on them seems to be missing (or I am missing something - is it totally random? or what?).

If there is nothing in the selection window then ?.....thats my problem. So yes I am on tribble, I brought over a copy of my first character (captain) and created a couple more to have lower level play.
The Foundry is on Tribble test server - hence the missions are also on Tribble test server.

Just log into Tribble, start up a character or one you hopefully already had on there before the character copy service collapsed and then open up the mission journal - all the UGC missions will show up.

EDIT: I've just launched Tribble, logged in and checked the mission search and I get hundreds of missions showing up. So I'm not sure what your issue is.
Lt. Commander
# 6 Thank you
01-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
The Foundry is on Tribble test server - hence the missions are also on Tribble test server.

Just log into Tribble, start up a character or one you hopefully already had on there before the character copy service collapsed and then open up the mission journal - all the UGC missions will show up.
Thanks, I have my fingers crossed. My Foundry mission window was blank a few days ago so I will go in and try again right now. Appreciate the straight forward answer. I do have a crossover copy and a few low levels on tribble so wish me luck.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garryst6 View Post
Thanks, I have my fingers crossed. My Foundry mission window was blank a few days ago so I will go in and try again right now. Appreciate the straight forward answer. I do have a crossover copy and a few low levels on tribble so wish me luck.
Be advised that some UGC missions are level restricted - e.g. ones that have Borg enemy groups in them might require Rear Admiral rank - so they won't show up in your search list if you're a lower level character - for example, one mission that has had good reviews is "The Longing" by RachelGarrett, and it's set in Gamma Orionis, so obviously you wouldn't be able to get there because it's beyond the transwarp conduit.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-10-2011, 10:27 AM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204

that is the link to the foundry section of the forums.

a few posts in you will see one that says foundry missions (the big list) and has most peoples missions on it.

all missions should show up on the review misison and player authored tabs on tribble, although the list is getting big so it might take a few seconds to load. make sure you are set up to review content. there will be a tab down the bottom of the page. just a legal thing make sure its set to on, as newer missions that have yet to be graded by other players wont then show up for you.

nothing will show up on holodeck until the system goes live, but the misison on tribble are playable and many are excellent.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-10-2011, 10:36 AM
there have been times when I've logged into Tribble and tried to search for missions and found nothing.

Try hitting Search, or do custom search and selete "New" or "Top Rated" or something. You can also become a Reviewer and get access to more missions that haven't been reviewed yet.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-11-2011, 08:29 AM
I don't know why the activated the UI elements for the Foundry on Holodeck without actually activating the Foundry. It's just confusing to log in and see an option to search for UGC that doesn't exist yet.