Lt. Commander
# 31
01-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Rumor mongering.

Who ever said we weren't remastering Klingon episodes?

They are not intended to be "filler". They are intended to be improved versions of key episodes and provide more replayable content to go with the new PVE Queue system.

We plan to release the remastered episodes whenever they are ready... so there is no set schedule for them.
How about making MORE episodes for Klingons, since there's only eight, instead of just remastering the handful that are there?

If you don't want rumormongering on the forums, MAKE SOME CONTENT! Then, instead of us "rumormongering," we'd actually be playing the game we pay you to develop.

Oh, I forgot. You want US to make the content, while YOU get paid. How silly of me.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Remaster "Second Star to the Right" to include an unlock for a ESD open PvE instance (with a similar ESD defense on the Fed side unlock).

You know you want to.
Wow... that made me feel all warm and fuzzy and other things inside, that's a great idea!
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-11-2011, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everitt.Cage View Post
Please please please spend your time on new content, not old content!
Part of the reason for the remastered episodes is to make them compatible with a properly scaling Episode Replay Feature. It's not just new glitter and glam for the old episodes, its backend improvements to make them compatible with new features.

It's a necessary, technical adjustment.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-11-2011, 10:47 AM
lordy there is like 1 person working on remastering missions, more working on new episodes and such. They've said that already
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Remaster "Second Star to the Right" to include an unlock for a ESD open PvE instance (with a similar ESD defense on the Fed side unlock).

You know you want to.
and let me guess a 50/50 change of spawning into that instance when you transwarp to ESD

That'd liven up the game I tell you.
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everitt.Cage View Post
Please please please spend your time on new content, not old content!
I seem to remember somebody saying that the was also another reason that some of the old missions were being reworked...

Something about future updates to the Game-Play in general, that requires adjustments on the Back-End to many of those previous missions so they continue to work...?...

I assume that because of that, the Dev's decided to also re-jigger the individual missions since they would be working on them anyway...?...

(Edit) ...awww... Redstripe beat me to it... and with better detail to boot...
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
and let me guess a 50/50 change of spawning into that instance when you transwarp to ESD

That'd liven up the game I tell you.
hehe... anything to break the grind.

Make me say, "WTF just happened?" every once in a while.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redstripe View Post
Part of the reason for the remastered episodes is to make them compatible with a properly scaling Episode Replay Feature. It's not just new glitter and glam for the old episodes, its backend improvements to make them compatible with new features.

It's a necessary, technical adjustment.
Except that scaling episode reply isnt a necessary feature. So this technical adjustment is only necessary for that system, not for the game itself. I dare say the majority of players would rather play new content than replay old content, hence my last post.
Lt. Commander
# 39
01-11-2011, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Sorry, I was just going on the information available. Gozer has only said he's working on Fed fan fave episodes, and you said they wont be playable by Klingons. I had not read anyone talk about Klingon remastered episodes. So these are in the works?

That said, I have a feeling that a goodly number of Klingon players would prefer development time alloted to the Klingons be on new content rather than reworking the 8 episodes they have. Perhaps you could ask the community?

So there will be the normal dailies and such that go along with the next series?

Thats good to know.
Great questions. Hopefully he'll come back and answer.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-11-2011, 11:06 AM
im more than happy to see goz work on remastered eps and im looking forward to checking them out to see what they have done to them.