Lt. Commander
# 41
01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
im more than happy to see goz work on remastered eps and im looking forward to checking them out to see what they have done to them.
Thats easy to say when you play a Fed and have plenty to do. But even if Klingons get remastered episodes, thats still only 8 episodes.
Lt. Commander
# 42
01-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
Thats easy to say when you play a Fed and have plenty to do. But even if Klingons get remastered episodes, thats still only 8 episodes.
i play both. i have 6 klingon characters and 4 are at max rank. trust me i know all about klingon gameplay.

im still happy to see remastered eps.
Lt. Commander
# 43
01-11-2011, 11:20 AM
also just to point out klingon have 8 unique eps.

they also have access to an extra 14 that are cross faction, so there is no reason those cant be remastered as well.
Lt. Commander
# 44 We're still missing something
01-11-2011, 11:27 AM
There is some other reason why dstahl is remastering episodes rather than making new ones. Either he is keeping it secret for some reason or he thinks the answer will not be understandable to the playerbase. In one post he intimated that the purpose (or part of the purpose) is for some back-end code reason, perhaps tying into a new way of making missions in the future and that remastering episodes now is preparation for doing new ones in a different way or some entirely different reason nobody has come up with here yet.

Of course I'd rather we just know why resmastering episodes is more important than making new ones at this point in time, but dstahl has been willing to take a lot of complaints from the forums without divulging his reasons, so I guess we have to wait. Considering how open he's been with us most of the time he must have a good reason to not tell us this time. Trust with game companies is hard earned and easily lost these days but dstahl deserves some measure of trust. Hopefully all this is for some big surprise he just can't tell us about yet.
Lt. Commander
# 45
01-11-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksparrowjive55 View Post
Plus the faction agnostic feature series episodes (that's 11 more and if the 3rd FE series is 5-6; 16-17)
Plus the Sorties (6 missions)
Plus the Deferi dailies (4 missions)
Plus the Eta Eridani missions (4 missions)

Again, the remastering is to add small cutscenes and clean things up a bit (ie polish the game); but again, the KDF have more than 8 PvE missions available.
Lt. Commander
# 46
01-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Plus the faction agnostic feature series episodes (that's 11 more and if the 3rd FE series is 5-6; 16-17)
Plus the Sorties (6 missions)
Plus the Deferi dailies (4 missions)
Plus the Eta Eridani missions (4 missions)

Again, the remastering is to add small cutscenes and clean things up a bit (ie polish the game); but again, the KDF have more than 8 PvE missions available.
I was referring to KLINGON episodes, of which there are only 8 compared to the Federation's 20-30(not counting patrols and the weeklies like you mentioned):

http://www.stowiki.org/List_of_missi...ons_by_Episode
Lt. Commander
# 47
01-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
They're aiming to start Series 3 by end of January. Series 4 will be before Season 4 (April).

It is widely assumed that Series 3 will be featuring the Romulans:
1) Dstahl said it'll be --------. Note that while Iconians or Tholians both fit the 8-letters, Iconians are coming when they raise level cap to Fleet Admiral and Tholians are slated for post-Season 4.
2) Previously stated new dailies were soon going to be in either Romulan or Cardassian space
3) The Concierge at Captain's Table has a message from the future regarding Romulans -- just as she previously gave a heads up about the Breen (Series 1)

Additionally, remastered episodes are being made to serve as fillers between the featured episode series.
Someone had done their homework and been listening ... excellent qualities worthy of respect as is the current game plan.
Lt. Commander
# 48
01-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
hehe... anything to break the grind.

Make me say, "WTF just happened?" every once in a while.
Exactly! And the best part whenever one of spawned into a surprise, our dying words would be "Darn You Kitlor!"

All kidding aside, I like the idea of randomly being put into some sort of combat when you transwarp, it adds an interesting random "war is surprising" element to it. One could also difficulty lock the random fleet action appearance, so you could be guaranteed not to get it.
Lt. Commander
# 49
01-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
im more than happy to see goz work on remastered eps and im looking forward to checking them out to see what they have done to them.
I as well. Remastering could be a great thing, allowing for back-end expansion to new standards, and more cross-factional play. I've mentioned it a bunch of times but I think faction agnostic content is the way to go, as it provides a skeleton for all new factions to play and hang off of.
Lt. Commander
# 50
01-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennjahn View Post
I as well. Remastering could be a great thing, allowing for back-end expansion to new standards, and more cross-factional play. I've mentioned it a bunch of times but I think faction agnostic content is the way to go, as it provides a skeleton for all new factions to play and hang off of.
Unfortunately agnostic missions have to have a very bland generic storyline, or else it wont make sense for everyone. And when you have a very bland generic storyline, you dont really "feel" like a Fed, Klingon, etc.