Lt. Commander
I was just wondering if there was some way we could get the option to Target Nearest Enemy to work properly. Most times it will ignore the obvious target in firing range simply because it is behind you or just off camera. Furthermore, suppose you are running and the group of enemies are all behind you with no one on screen. If you hit your bind to Target Nearest Enemy it will usually skip the target closest to you and instead pick something 20km away.

Is there anything that can be done about this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-12-2011, 05:47 PM
It really doesn't make much sense to try to target the closest enemy but end up targeting someone well beyond firing range.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2011, 06:02 PM
I think this used to work perfectly, but got broken at some point.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2011, 01:02 PM
Yes, I agree, this is most frustrating. I recently returned to play again and noticed that it now never seems to target anything at all and it was my go-to button before I left. I hope it gets fixed. I'm glad you posted this as I just assumed it was my keyboard; glad to see I'm not the only one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2011, 03:17 PM
I'd like to know if this is has any chance of being addressed, please.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-20-2011, 03:57 AM
What is the problem with it? It works OK here.
It picks the closest target ON SCREEN. So if there is an enemy OFF screen 2 clicks away and there is an enemy ON screen 20 clicks away, it will pick the later because that is the closest on screen.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra37 View Post
It picks the closest target ON SCREEN. So if there is an enemy OFF screen 2 clicks away and there is an enemy ON screen 20 clicks away, it will pick the later because that is the closest on screen.
If we have our UI to select off screen, it's supposed to work off screen and it doesn't, so it's not working correctly. If it's "working as intended" it needs to change quick, this is broken.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
If we have our UI to select off screen, it's supposed to work off screen and it doesn't, so it's not working correctly. If it's "working as intended" it needs to change quick, this is broken.
This /10Char
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra37 View Post
I should clarify that in my example I'm running away which is putting everyone behind me or off to the side (all off screen) and it invariably ignores the one that is within firing range. Also, this is while using Chase Cam.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-22-2011, 07:25 AM
Do the Devs have a Post-It note pad near their keyboards to help them keep track of all of the things that don't work? I know they are busy and I appreciate that but does anyone pass this information along?