Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet requirements
01-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Anyone know if the required number to form a fleet has been lowered or is going to in the near future?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I believe the number needed is still 5. And I don't think it should be lowered. There are already too many one-man fleets out there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-10-2011, 06:18 PM
It is still 5. There is nothing wrong with 1 person fleets or any number.

Contact me in game at Maina Kittychan@maina, I have a alt that's not in a fleet, I can get you the rest you need, then just boot everyone and you have your fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-10-2011, 06:26 PM
One person with a ship is, by definition, not a fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Also.... can anyone tell me if you can rename a fleet after creating it?

[Edit : Found answer to my own question LINK :p]
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-10-2011, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrexianHero
One person with a ship is, by definition, not a fleet.

wow you felt the need to post that?

How about 1 person with 5 ships and a sense of imagination to RP? (I do not belong to a 1 person fleet, there are 2 of us with 3-5 alts each who don't care what crutch you use to socialize or get things done with.) I happen to enjoy the storage.

Also as a verb it can mean swift. It's a collection of vehicles at it's simplest.

I mean really...........
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-10-2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maina View Post
wow you felt the need to post that?

How about 1 person with 5 ships and a sense of imagination to RP? (I do not belong to a 1 person fleet, there are 2 of us with 3-5 alts each who don't care what crutch you use to socialize or get things done with.) I happen to enjoy the storage.

Also as a verb it can mean swift. It's a collection of vehicles at it's simplest.

I mean really...........
wow you felt the need to post that? No worries, when they raise the skill cap to Fleet Admiral then a single player will be able to command multiple ships at a time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akalayus
I believe the number needed is still 5. And I don't think it should be lowered. There are already too many one-man fleets out there.
I have to agree and in fact think they should up the number. I think you should need 5 to start a fleet, 10 after the first 2 weeks and then each month you must have at LEAST 10 active pilots to keep the fleet.

To many people start fleets to say look at me I am the Admiral of a fleet and this causes congestion and confusion for the people looking to be party of an active fleet.

I have tried to help starta couple of fleets and I can tell you it is an exercise in frustration. I would advice seeking an active fleet and becoming a part of it over starting from scratch anymore unless you can offer something truly unique that could get people interested in what you are offering.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-11-2011, 12:11 PM
I've been wanting to start a fleet for months and the 5-man rule prevents me from doing so. I think 3 is a better rule. It would let me get a small fleet started with my friends (every one online at the same time can be difficult to arrange for casual players) and work to build it from there.

As it is, I have nothing to work on building up. Thus giving me less incentive to group and RP, and one less tool to use to get other people interested in the game.

There are obviously ways to cheat the 5-man rule if you're determined to do so, and two less players needed doesn't change that a whole lot. But there's a huge difference between being able to get five people on at the same time as opposed to only three, especially when your online friends are in different time zones!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I've been wanting to start a fleet for months and the 5-man rule prevents me from doing so.
This probably has something to do with the STFs needing five people to run them effectively (for the most part.) At least with a five-person fleet you can organize an STF run and get right into it.

You can always post your idea for a fleet in Starbase One and send out your team invites to start your fleet.