Lt. Commander
So out of all of the Trek shows/movies, which character is your least favorite and (if possible) why? Lets also try to keep it relegated to primary characters and not obscure ones.

For me? Captain Janeway

I thought she basically represented everything that was wrong with Star Trek before the movie reboot. Over the course of the series she clearly establishes that her own idealistic nature takes priority over even the lives of her crew and Picard or Kirk would have thrown her in a Federation prison for all of the times she spit in the face of the Prime Directive.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Keiko O'Brian .... O M G
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2011, 01:44 PM
both janeway and keiko are pretty bad. at least janeway had some purpose to her. keiko was just there to nag miles after he had saved the universe or something.

wesley and neelix get honourable mentions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Kes .
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Tom Paris. His concept was good in the beginning, but he softened way too quickly for my tastes. He just kinda became Riker with a taste for Hawaiian shirts.

I felt he should have been a lot more challenging a person for Janeway to have to deal with.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Ezri Dax. With more time, she could have been more tolerable, but she really comes off as a last minute entry.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Ezri Dax..........I despise her..........
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Ezri Dax. With more time, she could have been more tolerable, but she really comes off as a last minute entry.
great minds think alike?
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda5221979 View Post
great minds think alike?
Well, I can understand why they'd want to let the audience know that the Dax symbiote had been safely transfered to a new host and that they'd want that host to go with Sisko on his journey. I also understand their reasoning that they didn't want Kira Nerys to be their token female on the show. But they knew Terry Farrell wouldn't be back for the next season, and they also knew the next season would be their last. Introducing an entirely new main character in their last season was a very bad idea, IMHO.

I have to agree with Terry Farrell in that they should have killed Jadzia off in "Change of Heart;" especially since they knew she wouldn't be back. I'm guessing she was spared because the writers 1) had already written the script and it was in production when Farrell made her decision 2) the writers didn't want to kill off the Dax symbiote or explain how it survived when Jadzia didn't.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archanubis
Introducing an entirely new main character in their last season was a very bad idea, IMHO.
Never! Then I would have missed out on the cute version of Dax. :p

As for the thread, this is a real tricky one. There are so many!

I'm just gonna go by series.

TOS: Lt. Stiles, for being a ***** (had to pick a minor one here :/)
TNG: Wesley the Wunderkind
DS9: Keiko, for the already mentioned nagging
VOY: Neelix, for being Neelix
ENT: Trip, for being too cliché
Closed Thread