Lt. Commander
# 11
01-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valias
ENT: Trip, for being too cliché
NOOOOO!OOOOooo!!!1111one

Not Trip! He was the only competent actor or crew member in the whole bunch of them! And the episode where he confessed to Phlox that his wife was hitting on him, he had the cutest frown I've ever seen.
edit: Okay, Phlox and Porthos were good actors also. :p

Take that back! I'll pester you and nag you about everything until you take it back!
-recalls cute orion avatar-
I'm gonna ... gonna.... ...... what was I saying?

I was actually annoyed most by Sisko. I didn't like his character's decisions most of the time and disliked the way the actor delivered his lines as well. I remember hearing him laugh one time on a gag reel and he sounded normal there, so I know he was doing it on purpose. I got the impression he was trying to sound different like William Shatner portrayed Kirk.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-11-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Never! Then I would have missed out on the cute version of Dax. :p
I'll admit, Nichole de Boer is a beautiful women and probably a fine actress - I've only seen her in one role (guess which one). But Ezri - well, at that point in the series, she was more useless than Troi is often accused of being.

Quote:
TOS: Lt. Stiles, for being a ***** (had to pick a minor one here :/)
Well, it's not like the other members of the main cast aside from the Power Trio had anything resembling character development.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-11-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
NOOOOO!OOOOooo!!!1111one

Not Trip! He was the only competent actor or crew member in the whole bunch of them! And the episode where he confessed to Phlox that his wife was hitting on him, he had the cutest frown I've ever seen.
edit: Okay, Phlox and Porthos were good actors also. :p

Take that back! I'll pester you and nag you about everything until you take it back!
-recalls cute orion avatar-
I'm gonna ... gonna.... ...... what was I saying?

I was actually annoyed most by Sisko. I didn't like his character's decisions most of the time and disliked the way the actor delivered his lines as well. I remember hearing him laugh one time on a gag reel and he sounded normal there, so I know he was doing it on purpose. I got the impression he was trying to sound different like William Shatner portrayed Kirk.
Sisko's pretty high up there on my list of disliked characters too, though I could probably just throw most of DS9 under my "disliked trek stuff" bus to be honest. It angers me that the most terrible character ever (Janeway) had to be on Voyager though, cuz I loved the rest of that cast (ROBERT PICARDO FTW) and thought it was the best cast since TNG.

Oh, Troi is up on my list too. But that's because the Enterprise always magically crashes when she's behind the wheel of it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
Not Trip! He was the only competent actor or crew member in the whole bunch of them!
He was a competent actor for sure - something I also credit the others with, though. What I'm criticizing is the way his character was written. Granted, it varied from episode to episode, but in the end he just came off as some sort of space cowboy who survived by a mix of pulling off absurd stunts and fate shoving ton upon ton of luck into his general direction. What can I say, it felt too forced. Not to mention the various romances. Sorry, too much "Mr. Perfect".

It's like someone tried to roll Riker, Worf and Wesley all into a single character!

[edit]
Troi is on my list, too, but only because her appearance usually means DRAMA. Still not as bad as Keiko, though. At least once you get past the first season where she was totally emo.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Troi is on my list, too, but only because her appearance usually means DRAMA. Still not as bad as Keiko, though. At least once you get past the first season where she was totally emo.
She's also accused of being a Captain Obvious (along with Captain Crash) and she could have been, especially in the earlier seasons. However, to memory, the times she's basically said "That Klingon's angry" while he/she has/had torn apart the room was delivered like she was being sarcastic.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-11-2011, 05:02 PM
Hahah, definitively. I almost forgot about that part.

Do watch sfdebris' review of Encounter at Farpoint. It's pure gold!
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Least favorite trek char.: Spok's Brain. Don't get me wrong, Spock is awesome, but Spock's Brain unfortunately published the worst Star Trek episode, that isn't a DS9 episode.

Edit: Forget that, Sisko is my least favorite captain. There was only one good DS9 episode, and even THAT was more TOS than DS9, and also was good because Worf beat up a bunch of people (Always a high point), and there were Tribbles in it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Dr. Crusher, I wish they would have kept Pulaski around longer than one season.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-11-2011, 05:08 PM
We did the shtick already. Shut up Wesley!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelord3
Dr. Crusher, I wish they would have kept Pulaski around longer than one season.
OMG Pulaski ? I wanted to punch the TV on many occasions when she was on. She pee'd off every character on the ship eventually.
Closed Thread