Lt. Commander
# 21
01-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
For now (I believe) the plan is to add a door from Mempa Sector (near H'Atoria) that goes directly to Mylasa Sector - which means opening up the Psi Velorum Sector Block to the KDF.

In the future we've talked about adding a full sector block where the current Arcanis Arm and Hromi cluster reside which will be accessible by all factions.
Sounds good. Keep up the work - the Klingons definitely appreciate it.

Lt. Commander
# 22
01-11-2011, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Sounds good. Keep up the work - the Klingons definitely appreciate it.

I agree. The more sectors that get opened to the Klingons, the better, methinks.

Also, hopefully, when the Tholians are added, that might mean that some of the Cardassian sector(s) will get opened up. (I seem to remember their space is supposed to be around that area, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm off to check my Trek map pics to be sure, though...)
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Quote:
For now (I believe) the plan is to add a door from Mempa Sector (near H'Atoria) that goes directly to Mylasa Sector - which means opening up the Psi Velorum Sector Block to the KDF.

In the future we've talked about adding a full sector block where the current Arcanis Arm and Hromi cluster reside which will be accessible by all factions.
Would that be a zone neighboring Romulan, Klingon and Federation space and thus be ideal for a territory control sector block?

[/not having the charts in my head]
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Would that be a zone neighboring Romulan, Klingon and Federation space and thus be ideal for a territory control sector block?

[/not having the charts in my head]
It borders them, yes.

http://julalien.files.wordpress.com/...ostarchart.png

The door (Mempa sector) is where the experiments were being conducted and you infiltrate that snowy Klingon base.

Mylasa is the far end of the sector block featuring the Big Dig fleet action.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-12-2011, 12:48 AM
Quote:

It seems to me that the Klingons have access to a frightening number of wormholes to do all the sector jumping they do.

EDIT: and STABLE wormholes at that, to regularly travel this way.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Quote:

When I read this I thought "contestable open pvp sector", this dosen't have to effect anyone's PvP experience but I think this is a great opportunity for real contestable territory for the current/planned factions.

It seems to be one of the only sectors where the Klingon, Federation, and Romulan factions all have territory and so all have competing interests.

-The Klingons want Romulan territory and are at war with the Federation.
-The Romulans are defending against the Klingons and the Federation is trying to "liberate" long standing Romulan territory.
-The Federation wants to assist former Romulan held worlds and is at war with the Federation.

Throw the PvP community a freaking bone here Destal! :p
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-12-2011, 01:00 AM
Quote:
when you eventually get the romulans added, that zone area will be a romulan/federation/klingon powder keg.

pvp zone perhaps? make it so
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Quote:
It seems to me that the Klingons have access to a frightening number of wormholes to do all the sector jumping they do.

EDIT: and STABLE wormholes at that, to regularly travel this way.
I think they just got better autopilots.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-12-2011, 04:19 AM
indeed, a territory control pvp sector connecting these three factions would be amazing, we need more deep and meaningful pvp in sto, badly.
the foundry and crew system are going to be great but pvp can't be relegated to a small side show, it needs to have a solid endgame of it's own for players to get maximum re-playability while waiting for content.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-12-2011, 04:21 AM
Quote:
"by all factions"??? not "by both factions"??? how much wishfull thinking do I put in your words? Or is my crazy mind just thinking outside a thousand boxes? Please enlight me.