Lt. Commander
# 11
01-12-2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Looking this downright sexy in game? Or as close as we can get?

You can tell its CGI in some places...but wow.

Warning: Long gratuitous ship beauty shots ahead!
I would love to see ships at HQ CGI level, but afraid the complexity of game models to that extend would be too much for current video cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dogman
Although I have to admit, the reveal of the new Enterprise in the reboot sure gives the TMP reveal a run for its money I think.
I'll be honest, I'm hoping they do reveal it in a CGI Video, but if they do a video, it most likely will be just be in-game test footage.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-12-2011, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Although I have to admit, the reveal of the new Enterprise in the reboot sure gives the TMP reveal a run for its money I think.
"I'm going to throw up on you"

The TMP reveal is still the best. So good it was in two movies

Enterprise E was nice short and sweet. It worked for me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Quote:
I tried to view this but I couldn't see it due to the overuse of lens flares and horrible script writing :p
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-12-2011, 09:28 AM
That is something else. That ship will always remain my single greatest favourite.
The in game version is pitiful by comparison and couldn't handle a firefight with a pet targ
nevermind an actual Klingon ship. This is the only reason I never used it but I sure do enjoy
making low speed passes flying around them when I see them near Starbases.

Sometimes I think those players know what I am doing and "pose" for me!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-12-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm sorry, I just don't get it... we have that in T2 for a Cruiser... if you're asking for a retro fit version of the T2 model, wouldn't it be made to look far more different than that? I mean look at all the retro fits... they look very different from the original.

This might be just me though, because again, I just don't exactly get what your asking, sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
I tried to view this but I couldn't see it due to the overuse of lens flares and horrible script writing :p
Ugh.

*begin rant*

I hate on the people who rip on the new movie for trying to have a style. And it's script is easily better than pretty much all of the Star Trek movies. Can you honestly say that TMP, Search for Spock, Voyage Home, Final Frontier, Generations, Insurrection, or Nemesis' scripts are better than the reboot.

Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country, and First Contact can seriously challenge the reboot script wise. But ugh, seriously, STFU the reboot removed all of the stupid sit-around-a-table-and-be-diplomatic bullcrap and returned Star Trek back to awesome stuff like Kirk eating an apple while smirking at the Kobayashi Maru test.

Plus, I'm happy there's a Star Trek movie where time travel actually makes a difference for once.

*end rant*
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Ugh.

*begin rant*

I hate on the people who rip on the new movie for trying to have a style. And it's script is easily better than pretty much all of the Star Trek movies. Can you honestly say that TMP, Search for Spock, Voyage Home, Final Frontier, Generations, Insurrection, or Nemesis' scripts are better than the reboot.

Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country, and First Contact can seriously challenge the reboot script wise. But ugh, seriously, STFU the reboot removed all of the stupid sit-around-a-table-and-be-diplomatic bullcrap and returned Star Trek back to awesome stuff like Kirk eating an apple while smirking at the Kobayashi Maru test.

Plus, I'm happy there's a Star Trek movie where time travel actually makes a difference for once.

*end rant*
Opinions, ah, they're like ...er, DNA. Everyone has one.

That movie was a royal piece of dung. It was so unTrek like that it was more of a Star Wars meets
Galaxy Quest movie than anything else. But then again, I am not a fan of that jj abrams sphincter.

Anyone that found the lighting pleasing clearly needs to make an appointment with an optometrist.

I do agree, the other ST movies were good...much better than the most recent.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
I hate on the people who rip on the new movie for trying to have a style.
Not ripping. Simply stating it wasn't to my liking, nor would I consider it "Trek" in any semblance of the word. I'd agree that it did "try" to have a style... it just didn't succeed.

Quote:
And it's script is easily better than pretty much all of the Star Trek movies.
In your opinion.

Quote:
Can you honestly say that TMP, Search for Spock, Voyage Home, Final Frontier, Generations, Insurrection, or Nemesis' scripts are better than the reboot.
Yup. Without question and without a doubt, yup.

Quote:
Kirk eating apples does not a great Trek story make IMO. If you care to read anything I've ever posted in regard to the new film, you'll find my gripes to be with the filming (JJs infatuation with camera shake and lens flares) and poorly written story. It is a shame that with the talented group of actors/actresses they were able to cast in those roles, they had to suffer a (IMO) bad script.

Kudos to you for enjoying the flick and I'm glad you liked it. Don't begrudge those who differ from your critique and like a better constructed story in their films.

Quote:
Now that I can agree on.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-12-2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleX View Post
I'm sorry, I just don't get it... we have that in T2 for a Cruiser... if you're asking for a retro fit version of the T2 model, wouldn't it be made to look far more different than that? I mean look at all the retro fits... they look very different from the original.

This might be just me though, because again, I just don't exactly get what your asking, sorry.
I'm saying the model we have in game now...well, I won't say its bad, but it could and should be better than what it is.

I'm asking them to improve it and fix all the errors the model has. (seriously, why does the TMP Connie have phaser strips instead of banks? Leave the strips to the Vesper and Excalibur. And that's the most obvious thing)
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Looking this downright sexy in game? Or as close as we can get?

You can tell its CGI in some places...but wow.

Warning: Long gratuitous ship beauty shots ahead!
LOL - that movie is ENTIRELY CGI. The ony things taken from TMP are the models of the workbees, amd the basic model of the refit Enterprise.

Here's the actual sequence - you'll notice it's a bit different, down to your CGI even using the wrong color for the hull.