Lt. Commander
# 31
01-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dogman
Although I have to admit, the reveal of the new Enterprise in the reboot sure gives the TMP reveal a run for its money I think.
You know I had thought of that one, but there were too many things I didn't like... No "Enterprise/Trek" theme that they should of used, that piece was good but it needed the real theme right there. No full shots of the Enterprise, its always bits and pieces. Kirks reaction, in TMP its love, you can see him going home, in XI its oh thats cool I hope they have hot chicks in it. I know its two different time periods but I feel more emotion from the characters in TMP about seeing the Enterprise. Lastly the ship, I don't like it at all, they ruined the feel of the original Enterprise...

Overall it really doesn't have the same weight for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleX View Post
I'm sorry, I just don't get it... we have that in T2 for a Cruiser... if you're asking for a retro fit version of the T2 model, wouldn't it be made to look far more different than that? I mean look at all the retro fits... they look very different from the original.

This might be just me though, because again, I just don't exactly get what your asking, sorry.
Actually you are mistaken, Retrofits do not make any visible changes to the ship (example V.A Defiant/Galaxy/Intrepid all look the same as the Captain versions) but update the technology. Refits change the structure and visual of the ship while adding new Technology (The Dreadnought is a Galaxy Refit).

Quote:
I hate on the people who rip on the new movie for trying to have a style. And it's script is easily better than pretty much all of the Star Trek movies. Can you honestly say that TMP, Search for Spock, Voyage Home, Final Frontier, Generations, Insurrection, or Nemesis' scripts are better than the reboot.
Voyage Home/Final Frontier/Insurrection are all better than XI for sure. Each had various public messages (which Roddenberry made integral to TOS), Brilliant Character pieces (Voyage Home was brilliant with Spock and Kirk), Stayed true to lore/canon (What's up with the Cadet to Captain in such a small space of time? I wanna join that organization).

Even Nemesis has one of the best scenes, which happened to be the final one. It rates up there with Spock's death.

At the end of the day I see XI as a good Sci-Fi movie, but a horrid Trek movie. Only those who have Acted in the shows should ever of been given Director rights (Nimoy/Shatner/Frakes), though Nicholas Meyer did a pretty good job with his two.

But back to the topic, yes the Refit needs that look
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Ugh.

*begin rant*

I hate on the people who rip on the new movie for trying to have a style. And it's script is easily better than pretty much all of the Star Trek movies. Can you honestly say that TMP, Search for Spock, Voyage Home, Final Frontier, Generations, Insurrection, or Nemesis' scripts are better than the reboot.

Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country, and First Contact can seriously challenge the reboot script wise. But ugh, seriously, STFU the reboot removed all of the stupid sit-around-a-table-and-be-diplomatic bullcrap and returned Star Trek back to awesome stuff like Kirk eating an apple while smirking at the Kobayashi Maru test.

Plus, I'm happy there's a Star Trek movie where time travel actually makes a difference for once.

*end rant*
That movie does not have style, it has gimmicks like overuse of unneeded and artificially created lens flare. Abrams has only one directing talent, which is the ability to yell, "Moar lens flare!".

That script you seem to think so highly of is just a rewrite of Star Wars. We all know that Abrams wanted to remake Star Wars, but Lucas is still breathing while Roddenberry has departed.

Time travel has been so overused in Star Trek that it has become a boring cliche.
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-13-2011, 02:33 AM
Perhaps if they do go to the trouble of updating the model we could also get the real TWoK phasers.

A modification of the current in game blue phasers would be nice...like a mode switch ala 'hide visuals.' Only it changes the visual and sound.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-13-2011, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
Except I don't like time travle anywhere ever, so I can't agree with that. :p
I generally don't either, yet for this film I thought it made sense. It allowed them to make changes to the "history" of the characters by calling it an alternate timeline.

Quote:
I normally dont act like this, but you seriously need to improve your taste in movies if you thought Star Trek 11 was worse than those all of those movies.
Right back at you bubba

Very poorly written script with more plotholes than a slice of swiss cheese, not to mention badly written characters IMO. To each their own.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-13-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
I hate on the people who rip on the new movie...
Just like you have a right to voice your opinion, others have the right to disagree with you. There's your problem right there. It's not your place to tell anyone which movies they can and can not enjoy watching.

To Shard-Warrior, FINALY! Someone whom I agree with about the how bad the Star Trek reboot was! Your logic about that movie has earned a friend in me for life! Hope to see you in-game sometime.

Until then everyone have fun with STO!